Northmavine Sign

Guest Anonymous

Your opinion on new sign?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on new sign?

• I Love The New Northmavine Sign
    • I Hate The New Northmavine Sign
    • Northmavine Sign?? Sorry, too embarrased to talk about it!!!

Guest Anonymous

Perhaps I am the only person with this view, but...

Having just seen a picture of the full sign, I think, it is the worst blot on the Shetland landscape I have ever seen.

I hope that a turning circle has been provided so that shocked visitors can make an immediate U-turn before they throw up.

The other words I thought about to describe it would all be edited out by admin.

What do you guys think of it????

Cheers.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Ooops!!!

Admin can you sort Poll Question 1,, just in case anybody wants that option :D .

Perhaps the computers just voted and refused to allow that option :lol:

cheers.

(** mod edit - Consider it done **)

I'd rank it alongside the iron man with aircraft wings for arms statue at Gateshead, okay enough for what it is in and of itself, but definitely looks a bit of an oddity on the chosen site.

However if sombody did it over with good luminous paint, so that it glowed brightly at night, I could be persuaded to like it. :lol:

Don't really care about it but how can anyone seriously have and objection about any planning issue be it windmills, salmon cages or house sites if we are allowed to erect something like that?

Can a tree fit high sign really fit in the same category?

Like the "Angel of the North", folk will either love or hate it and it clearly identifies the gateway to Northmavine. The ethos behind the sign is to raise the profile of Northmavine and encourage people to visit or live in the area.

Out-migration is common place in rural Shetland. Agencies and Communities need to come up with a range of initiatives to encourage young folk to stay in rural areas, and families from other areas to move in. The sign is a visible part of this process along with many other ideas.

max wrote:

Out-migration is common place in rural Shetland. Communities need to come up with initiatives to encourage young folk to stay in rural areas. The sign is part of this process.

How does that work, do you chain them to the sign if they get itchy feet.?

By the way I just seen Carol Voderman driving down from Northmavine in a fork lift, laughing her head off, waving a hacksaw, she said that she had just made "NORTH CAVEMEN EMIT WOOL" before speeding off to the sooth boat.