Northmavine Sign

Guest Anonymous

Your opinion on new sign?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on new sign?

• I Love The New Northmavine Sign
    • I Hate The New Northmavine Sign
    • Northmavine Sign?? Sorry, too embarrased to talk about it!!!

Islandhopper - there's nothing wrong with having a sense of humour whilst having some serious aims. Don't take the jesting too seriously - it's just a bit of fun.

When you display something publically, you have to expect that people will have an opinion and express it - different opinions have been expressed within Northmavine too, so it's only to be expected that there will be a range of opinions further afield.

Those working on the sign could have chosen a boring road-style sign but have decided to go for something a bit more avant-garde. At least it's prompted discussion! Sometimes it's good to stick your neck out and take a risk - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In terms of visibility, opinions have ranged from 'gaudy' to the other end of the spectrum - 'you can't see it' - so opinions are obviously subjective! I'm guessing from what people have said that it might turn out to be a bit of a chameleon - looking different at different times of day and in different weather conditions, so there may be continued interest in that respect.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fifi wrote:

Islandhopper - there's nothing wrong with having a sense of humour whilst having some serious aims. Don't take the jesting too seriously - it's just a bit of fun.

Here here, it's all good publicity, since the sign went up I for one have learned much of northmavine; that it exists for one thing.

The use of gaudy was of course mearly an abbreviation of:

Graceful

And

Unafraid

Design

Yantra

I'm sure it can take all the knocks anyhow, after all it is a piece of steel.

:D :D Fantastic, thanks for the laugh!! Great stuff, islandhopper! And Koya-doodah - classic!! I think the Initiative at the Edge lot should include those in their newsletters as a blueprint for what could be achieved at Mavis Grind.. :wink: