Would you have left your kids alone?

There will always be some beast lurking somwhere the legal system spews them back on the street after measly sentences and there's always some new beast on the block, just seen one one grinnin little slimebag carted off in cuffs in the other weeks shetland times. He will most likely be back before all his victims hit puberty.

As for saying that people who are critical of neglegent parents are the same as rapists who can weave excuses on their malevolent evil, is perhaps a tad strong or dare I say a lunatic fringe opinion, but thanks for pointing out that being a caring parent makes me just like ted bundy, it would never have occured to me that the two were similar.

I do agree with anything nice you say about Celtic though.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Koyaansqatsi says it all in one sentence

"I dont know how to offer my support"

The frustation of not being able to search/help and do something possitive to find her... turns into anger.

I defy any parent not to have said "what if " But, we have the chance to rectify our mistakes..

I can only hope and pray they do too...

Of course I'm aware of the parents feelings in this but I doubt I'm addressing them directly on this forum and I do not know them to offer my support.

Just because they won't read this and you don't know them doesn't mean it's appropriate to speak as you have.

The McCanns made a mistake and they are paying for it in the most horrendous way possible.

I no longer feel able to contribute to this thread. KOYAANISQATSI's attitude has appalled me. That someone should feel such anger towards the parents yet show no concern for the wellbeing of the child, in such a self-rightous way, is horrible.

My concern with the child is paramount on this issue I would be just as angry with hearing of such a case of child abandonment even if the child had come to no harm, but since she was abducted I would say it's the perfect time to highlight carefree parenting attitudes.

All my concern lies with the child, why should I waste my tears on the parents who are the catalysts of their daughters predicament.

If I am going to be crying over any parents plight it will be the ones who were vigilant over their childs safety and still fell fowl of misfortune.

I would agree with you on the point that this is not the thread for you as the author did write it as a question on the parents decision to leave their kids alone unguarded and my reply to that will remain yes that's a pretty dumb thing to do. Perhaps you should start another thread concerned with how despite all the heartache in the world it takes a headline story for you to show how big a bleeding heart you have while explaining your point that anyone who see's the bigger picture must be an unfeeling bar steward.

Is it just me, or is the wall to wall coverage of this tragic situation on the t.v news when nothing new has happened getting a bit nauseating. It's starting to remind me of the media hysteria following the death of Diana. What will follow if the child is found dead (and I sincerely hope she is found alive and well, but I fear the worst) doesn't bear thinking about.

And what is this thing with the yellow ribbons, and the posters (prominently headlined with "THE SUN") to show your "support". This is surely bit sick. It smacks of profiteering from these poor peoples misery.

This type of story keeps certain reporters in a job; they'll milk this story for all its worth....

It’s nothing but plain conjecture on the part of the media. I think it would help the situation, if they focus on actually finding her; instead of hypothesising about every possible situation.

What kind of media frenzy will there be if the worst has happened?!

I think the way the media goes about its business in these kinds of situations is appalling, show a little bit of respect and leave it to the “authorities†to sort it out.

It is a terrible situation; but having some so called “expert†on missing children cases, talk about what emotional turmoil the family “must†be going through is very sickening.

Has panorama had a go at this story yet…

Here’s hoping the lass is ok.

Regarding the yellow ribbons, i have been dreading the moment, and it will come, when the rubbery wristband appears.

As much as i feel for the peerie lass, an hope that she's ok, i canna help but think on the pain this media "carry on" must be causing to the many children and families who are in similar situations through no neglect of their own, and who are recieving no such "help" from media and celebrities.

The NSPCC website says 843 children were abducted in the UK in 2002/2003, and the figure has almost certainly risen since. (too depressing to research further, i just wanted to back up my point and was actually shocked it was that high)

That all those children and families hardly get a mention is the really sad side of this.

I'm in total agreement with every post that KOYAANISQATSI has made. I would never have left my son alone, especially somewhere that was different from his home enviroment. I too feel heart sorry for the family and extended family of the McCanns as I have a 4 year old neice and I would be absolutely frantic if anything similar was to happen to her. But I feel personally the parents should never ever have left those children alone. I hope Madeline can be found safe but time is passing with no signs of it happening. My thoughts are with all of the people involved.

The NSPCC website says 843 children were abducted in the UK in 2002/2003, and the figure has almost certainly risen since. (too depressing to research further, i just wanted to back up my point and was actually shocked it was that high)

How many of these abductions were by strangers rather than by relatives ( for example, as part of a custody dispute ) ?

^^ ^^

Its not about football... its about people doing what ever they can to raise awareness of a terrible situation..

Ironically it may have be a member of the "media" that has brought a possible lead to the authorities attention..

How many of these abductions were by strangers rather than by relatives ( for example, as part of a custody dispute ) ?

I was told in 90% of cases it was a family friend or member.

The media frenzy is out of control, today on the BBC lunch time news they had a big bit with a helicopter in the air showing the area! They are just trying to make up news with the most teniouse link to it all.