New Museum & Archives

RickB

Guest Anonymous

So I hear on Radio Shetland that it's confirmed it will be Queen Sonja, along with Charlie and his Horse, that will be doing the opening..

That much royalty will mean a lot of security, and a lot of prayers for a low tide at the front door of the museum :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is a prime example of how secrets can't be kept in Shetland. :)

And I find it amusing that Queen Sonja of Norway is coming, as they've banished one of the Norwegian staff members for the event because of 'security concerns' - apparently no foreigners will be allowed.

No need to get these fancy royal up for the opening, I have been opening doors all my life without any problems, im far cheaper as well, no salmon and cucumber sandwichs for me, cheese and ham fae the COOP would do or even some ready salted crisps.

Someone in one of the local charity shops (the one near the Fort Chippy) has got a sense of humour. They have filled the window full of Charles book. There's a good few Diana ones too. Poor old Camilla :?

What with that and the "notice" in SYIS window to give details of a phone number to their clients to be able to find out about their "Rights", but no number given to find out their "Responsibilities" I have had a little smile to myself today :)

after two years of living on a building site it looks like the residents around the new museum are the last to get an invite to see around the place. nothing new there then. wonder if someone will be down there on 30th may painting the sea blue for the royals arriving the next day??

after two years of living on a building site it looks like the residents around the new museum are the last to get an invite to see around the place. nothing new there then. wonder if someone will be down there on 30th may painting the sea blue for the royals arriving the next day??

LOL, Now everyone knows that the sea is green !.

Its the algae they need to paint blue to get the right colour. :lol: :lol: :lol: