New Museum & Archives

RickB

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job creation is no bad thing, as Dennis Coutts pointed out in today's Shetland Times. Perhaps that should be for another thread...

Anyway, I agree. A lot of people seem to have a Museum title all of a sudden. I think that some of the folk might be part of Shetland Amenity Trust and loaned to the Shetland Museum now and again. Then again, I might be wrong.

I see Pinky has got the museum to point their webcam so that it shows 'Nil Desperandum' lying in the dock. Now he can check the boat without leaving the house :D

http://www.visitshetland.com/shetland-museum-and-archives-webcam/

I assume yuns the podium they'll pit the big noises on da morn, I'm seein in the foregrund....it first glance I tocht dey'd riggit up a gallows for sumeen.... :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

So has pinky donated da nil des tae da museum or is da ald shark still lookin fur a price ? ( i hear ders a grain a worm gotten aboot her whit we her ebbin on da bottom at low water aa dis years.

Also da museum wid be better suited ta takin on da restoration project o da enterprise , currently lying in da glasgow area ( i forget as im pished again ) dey wid be better suited tae riggin her up da tammy scatts loki in my opinion as she was a unique craft of her time and broke a few records in the history of shetland fishing.

As a young boy something dat aye vexed me terribly was whenever we drave oot wast was da sight o da Jessie Sinclair lying on her side against da shore , I always wished dat somebody wid fix her up to........

Also quite distressing for me was when da malakoff brook up da opportune in da morrison dock , always wished i could somehow stop it fae hapnin, da men takin her apart said da wid o da hull was as good as da day it wis pittin dagiider.

Im never felt da same aboot steel boats , and had one dat carried me an provided an income fur da 5 year i hocked aroond da shelf gettin ripped off fur da fish we catched (usually) although it wis a bit sad when i shut da engine doon fur da last time.

^^^ Wid da Museum tak her, da owld Nil is hardly a unique example of anything in particular is she?? Speaking of which, is she still capable of going to sea, Hays dock is a place I rarely see these days, but she seems to have been a permanent fixture for years, anytime I've been by.