Jolly to the Cannes films festival

Styles

Waste of Money  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Waste of Money

• Not Sure
    • No
    • Yes

Why put da guizer Jarl fae da toon and some of his cronies away to Cannes, why no a Jarl from another part of Shetland? People at Cannes would have no idea what jarl was what so would have made no difference to them.

why no send the Jarl from town?

it is the lerwick Up Helly Aa thats one of biggest fire festivals in the world not the country ones, gonna be slightly more impressive when asked that he can say he was jarl for festival with close to 1000 torches rather than 50.

I think the entire Jarl's squad should have been invited.

And what's more, I think they should have collected a suitable fee for going.

(and no, i'm not posting this from Cannes) :wink:

Hear Hear!!

Graeme Nicolson would be a far better person to open the new museum and become our Islands ambassador for a year - Cannes or wherever, and put the saved royalty security fees into children in need or something as charitable.

Keep yun big lugs / horsey folk back where they belong

Bring on the revolution - The democratic republic of Shetland - cut all ties with the royalty and live on our oil....... protect our fisheries and to hell with Tavish Scott and his cronies in Edinburgh (oh was he not in Cannes)!

:shock:

Give me one good reason why he should open the new museum?

In my eyes he`s certainly not an ambassador for Shetland.

What has Graham Nicolson done for Shetland that no other guizer jarl from SHETLAND has done.

I am not in favour of Prince Charles and Camilla opening it and feel it should be someone well respected in Shetland who has worked hard and actually contributed to our community which is certainly not something Graham Nicolson has done.