Viking Bus Station Mural

Njugle

I noticed, while passing, that the mural is back in operation, with a selection of images from the museum's collection apparently. I wonder if this is a permanent display or if the display will be changed periodically, given that the museum may be topical just now, but will be a fixture requiring little publicity soon enough, given it's quality and the mural project motivation is quoted as being for public art, which could allow variation over time.

What think ye of it? Will it be permanent? Will it vary? Anybody ken more about it?

Story from Shetland Times

I did a double take when I first seen the new mural at da viking bus station. But I think that since the first sight it has kinda grown on me. At first I felt all the colours were awful but the more I see it, I realise that is probably the true colours of the objects that will be seen in the new museum but I must admit I hope the mural will change as I liked the more colourful one that was there.

After my first post about the mural earlier I thought I'd better check it again. Turns out there is a mention of the museum on the mural but it doesn't exactly leap out at you compared to the rest of the stuff.

Its in the bottom-right corner of the mural if no-one else has spotted it.

After my first post about the mural earlier I thought I'd better check it again. Turns out there is a mention of the museum on the mural but it doesn't exactly leap out at you compared to the rest of the stuff.

Its in the bottom-right corner of the mural if no-one else has spotted it.

Is it flooded ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't like it that much there's nothing there that really makes it stand out from the rest of the area with the other murals, I always had a look when I walked by them but with this one I just walk by and it never catches my eye

• 2 weeks later...

this will look worse with the poor printing very soon, the objects will look like they're underwater (greener and greener)

Lets hope they change it often.

For me the use of text would have completed the picture, yer its poor and needs to be studied to learn whats what with the sign, which is not what a sign should be.

second rate quick fix printing method.

(khitajrah's man)