Guitars

PoolHaddock

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Takamine G Series EG510SC and I LOVE it. I bought it at Southside Music on Cathcart Road in Glasgow for £350 (which is a lovely wee shop). I've played loads of stupendously expensive acoustics and none have come close. It especially stands out as a live guitar too. I've got electric guitars too but they all sound the same to me. I think a good amp is probably more important there.

Ok, in our house we have:-

1960's Epiphone Rivoli bass

Handmade 8 string Richard Famous original (top strings paired)

Handmade Famous Arrow 6-string

Tanglewood Earth 500 acoustic

White handmade 8 string Famous/customised Strat body, Tele neck

3/4 size Argos classical guitar - very nice player.

Did have an electronic Bond guitar, but we sold it on Ebay for a small fortune!

I live with a Famous guitar hero from the 1980's.

Fx

OK, i have an all black Fender 1977 Stratocaster ('F' series with tilt neck) with Seymour Duncan 1/4 lb pick ups (original ones had withered and died). Great guitar, pity it doesn't get played much in anger nowadays. I have a Marshall JCM800 combo in tow with a Vox Wah (reissue unfortunately).

Acoustic: 1998 Lakewood A-32 Grand Auditorium, narrow waised hand made guitar. My baby!! Also have a Jose Masy-mas nylon strung classical and a Moon hand made acoustic.

On the guitar front, a Tanglewood TW55 DLX. Its a lovely thing. Not played a guitar i personally prefer more at the price range it falls in. However... once the student days are behind me and some money rolls in, i'll enjoy the shopping/playing around for another (after the Steinway is safely installed! :P)

im down to only having 2 guitars :(

A Dean guitar...no idea what model, but looks like the new Gibsons that are just plain wooden bodies...

and a vintage PRS lookie likey...bit boring now compared to like my old ones, eg Gibson SG Gothic...oh the sweet sweet sound of metal

update: i now have a Ibanez S160, Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader in the Bridge, (which aint great on clean, but the neck pick up is awesome on clean) The invader is very high output and distorts slightly on clean. Great all round metal Guitar i have their. But nice n versitle to rock n jazz or flemenco out some tunes.

Seymour Ducan SH-8 Invader Recording

I live with a Famous guitar hero from the 1980's.

Damn! I saw him with you at the craft fair at Clickimin when I bought one of your DVDs and didn't recognise him! :cry: :wink:

Frances - my sons are guitarists in the band mentioned in the post above and are keen to know who your partner is! :)