Shetland Celebrities

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
Oh .. and there is a story that the man that invented dipping headlights came from Fladdabister! Sold the patent to Leylands - who in turn sold it to Ford.

lol excellent!

If we're gonna stretch it there's always Robert Louis Stevenson , author of treasure island. He was allegedly inspired to write the novel after staying with his old man in the lighthouse at Muckle Flugga (which his dad designed).

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What aboot the Shetland Pony? If you ask folk fae aroond the world if they keen where Shetland is, chances are, they'll say no. But, if you ask them if they keen what a Shetland Pony looks lik, chances are they'll say yes......unless they are blind.

Admitedly no one pony is more famous than any other, so this is a peerie bit farcical really......except the een fae unst thats first in the google image search.

Can anybody think o any idder famous Shetland Ponies? Was Uri Gagarin no the first Shetland pony in space or something? I canna mind :lol:

Or Lassie, did they no run oot o dogs tae throw doon wells and mine shafts, so ended up having tae use Shetland ponies?

I have taken this too far! :)

Guest Anonymous

I agree wi da guest da nite dat Steven Robertson will be da most famous Shetland celebritie, kis he is so talented! I also agree wi Ally dat Tom Morton is **** Hes no A shetlander! An I agree wi Zimmer aboot Thomas Fraser a Shetland Hero! An whit aboot da up an comin Shetland Celebrities - Vicky Gray, Fiddlers Bid, The Wise Monkeys, Bitumen River Etc Etc

wasn't al capone's right hand man from bressay?

I'm sure your right. Was it baby face nelson?

What about Pinky? There was a full page article in the Sun about him last month, following up on a feature about him in Loaded a few years ago. Not everybody gets that kind of coverage!

wasn't al capone's right hand man from bressay?

I'm sure your right. Was it baby face nelson?

What about Pinky? There was a full page article in the Sun about him last month, following up on a feature about him in Loaded a few years ago. Not everybody gets that kind of coverage!

Was there? Wouldn't mind a link to that if you can supply one - the notorious "pinky wiseman" - some boy!