Shetland Celebrities

Guest Anonymous

what about Astrid Williamson the singer used to be in a band Boy in a Goya dress they did a good album and she has done a couple of solo albums

I remember talk of her and Goya Dress, but have never met her and have no idea what she looks like.

Always thought she had a very sexy name though. Well, the first part anyway - the Surname is a bit "fish factory" ;-)

She had long blond hair and was quite 'easy on the eye' the last time i saw her (many moons ago). You're barking up the right tree with the surname though :wink:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

There can be no doubt that the most famous Shetlander is Peter Gear.

What a man he is. He epitomises the local Shetland spirity in terms of his music ability, and also the fact that he is a magnificent entrepeneur. Not only this, he is a fine fellow who always looks for the good points in others, and treats everyone as a special person.

He is an absolute local hero and cult figure who is loved by us all, friend and foe alike.

:wink:

what about Astrid Williamson the singer used to be in a band Boy in a Goya dress they did a good album and she has done a couple of solo albums

I remember talk of her and Goya Dress, but have never met her and have no idea what she looks like.

Always thought she had a very sexy name though. Well, the first part anyway - the Surname is a bit "fish factory" ;-)

She had long blond hair and was quite 'easy on the eye' the last time i saw her (many moons ago). You're barking up the right tree with the surname though :wink:

I think you may be right!

[/url]http://www.astridwilliamson.net/images/rankin-astrid4.jpg

http://www.astridwilliamson.net/images/rankin-astrid4.jpg

No, sorry Ally, you were being crap :wink:

She is still easy on the eye then :)

I had it like this first : http://www.astridwilliamson.net/images/rankin-astrid4.jpg

then it didn't work so I tried to show it as a url, but crapped it up. Still can't see the picture on my pc though. Maybe it's also being crap?

Ally i can't figure if you're being serious or not but, if you are, let it be known that we now have 3 large "easy on the eye" pictures on the page now. Your original mistake (easily done) was that you had "[/img]" instead of "" as your opening code

However, please do not abuse this knowledge and instead find some tasty pictures of cranes and heavy plant for the "cranes" thread :wink:

Ally i can't figure if you're being serious or not but, if you are, let it be known that we now have 3 large "easy on the eye" pictures on the page now. Your original mistake (easily done) was that you had "[/img]" instead of "" as your opening code

However, please do not abuse this knowledge and instead find some tasty pictures of cranes and heavy plant for the "cranes" thread :wink:

I'm serious matey - all I get is a little red X in internet explorer where the picture should be. I've tried it in firefox and it just comes up with "image".

Maybe my PC has scurvy or something...