Shetland Celebrities

Guest Anonymous

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the new single which sounds like her strongest material to date. Also featured as a B-side is her haunting rendition of Run by Snow Patrol.

Ah, Snow Patrol. Now there was a "flavour of the minute" band if ever there was one!

• 3 weeks later...
Astrid Williamson got a substantial and impressive review in the Scotland on Sunday Reviews section yesterday. She seems to be continuing her upward movement on the 'fame' ladder.

The girlfriend was on itunes the other night and saw Astrid's albums were advertised in the exclusives section, not bad I thought!

Guest Anonymous

what aboot "BOON" fae cunningsburgh and also der wis old geordie coco fae scalloway, dan again der wis old davy lindsay and charles mchardy the famous double act who have now sadly left the stage....maybe not so much celebrities but certainly characters in a league of there own..?

• 9 months later...
I think shetland biggest celeb is Mark Duncan fae scalloway.He has lovely hair .He has a story or two to tell.He once got injured playin football and his ankle geed we a clunk.

Sorry to all wannabe celebs but that bit clinches it for me.

Nice peerie bit about yun lass fae Quarff that plays the fiddle in the Herald magazine yesterday.