Shetland Celebrities

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Tavish Scott! It's been reported in The Scotsman that the MSP has just got engaged.

I always think it's funny how only the national press report this kind of thing whereas the Shetland press are more standoffish about the private lives of our politicians, as if it's the 1930s and it's not cricket to report on such things.

I always think it's funny how only the national press report this kind of thing whereas the Shetland press are more standoffish about the private lives of our politicians, as if it's the 1930s and it's not cricket to report on such things.

Good for the Shetland Times I say, private lives are harldy news, just gossip.

There are ways we could find the most famous living celebrity of Shetland. Just get someone South to post letters and on it all they right is the persons first and last name and 'Shetland' on it. See who get's the letters!

Just get someone South to post letters and on it all they right is the persons first and last name and 'Shetland' on it. See who get's the letters!

Don't think this would be a fair test. I think it depends how unusual your name is - I have received post with not much more than my name on it, even before I moved to Fair Isle. So far as I know I'm the only Malachy in Shetland, so they can't really go wrong.

i used to get music sent to me from people i know form another forum.. addressed to

Twerto ( as in twerto not me real name )

house name

scotland

uk

europe

world

milkyway

universe

postcode

I liked to think it brought a smile to my posties face.

Guest Anonymous

Good for the Shetland Times I say, private lives are harldy news, just gossip.

There are ways we could find the most famous living celebrity of Shetland. Just get someone South to post letters and on it all they right is the persons first and last name and 'Shetland' on it. See who get's the letters!

my dad once got a letter sent to the name of his boat, shetland. that was pretty ridiculous

• 3 weeks later...
i used to get music sent to me from people i know form another forum.. addressed to

Twerto ( as in twerto not me real name )

house name

scotland

uk

europe

world

milkyway

universe

postcode

I liked to think it brought a smile to my posties face.

He could have put "earth - solar system" in there as well!

Then I would only imagine how many millions of digits the postcode would have had :lol:

I would suggest Morgan Goodlad has found new fame. You could compare him with Ronnie Biggs another great robber.

Then there are the GRAY'S although they never killed a man like the KRAY'S they have been the demise of many a fishing boat and also manage to empty the accounts of Shetland Enterprise and the some SIC Funds. (As per press reports).

Like Marnie Baxter who is easy on the eye another foxy lady is Gillian Isbister.

• 2 years later...

Kieran Murray 40 years winchman on Sikorsky S61and S92. Sumburgh based helicopter

"In a career that has lasted almost twice as long as the coastguard have been operating in Shetland, the 61 year old has taken part in some of the most awe inspiring rescues ever to take place in UK waters"

"Kieran has counted the number of lives he has helped save over the 40 years he has been in the job, and it comes to more than 1,000. The number grows to 4,500 when you count the number of folk he has helped in rescue missions."

A true Shetland Celebrity, along with the rest of the helicopter crews

Here and in the past and in the future to come