Frances wi' the broken ankle

Fifi

I was driving down to Sumburgh this afternoon and caught the last part of a phone-in quiz with Steve Wright on Radio 2.

Didn't catch the lady's name but she said she was in Shetland and they could hear her cockerel in the background. They had a chat and were shocked at the length of the ferry journey to Shetland.

When she was saying hello to folk she knew, she mentioned 'Frances who'd broken her ankle'... How many Frances's are there in Shetland with a broken ankle??!! :D

Hmm, that's funny, because yesterday there was a shetlander on it too, by the name of jo tomkinson (?), who had some connection to horses, which would be apt to our very own Frances.

Do the contestants stay on for more than one day? :?

I have no idea.

Jo Tonkinson was on the radio - she bides on the westside.

and yes, it was me with the broken ankle (we are business partners) that she mentioned!!

I also got a mench on Classic FM this morning too from Simon Bates who played a nice piece of Holst for me!

World fame, eh?!

Fx

many thanks for the flower - cheered me up no end.

A pleasure, Frances. I'd have sent a real one but it just drooped out of the USB socket and Windows didn't recognise it. :-)

I am very down today.

Cheer up, girl. Try to think of it as a holiday. A holiday with a bl**dy painful ankle, okay, but nobody's going to ask you to do much for awhile. Get those minions working and enjoy a few days off!

Best wishes, DS