Horse and pony welfare

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about these horse owners get some "horsey bags" and clean up all the turds that the horses are leaving all over the roads in the town, its rank! :x

I totally agree with you.. if dog owners are asked to pick up their dogs poops then really horse owners shouldnt be any different, I would say (probably with fear of criticism) it is different in the country, but on the roads around town, nah I think they should clear it up, so I agree with ya!

Another reason why I chose not to keep my horse in town.... there is no point!

how about these horse owners get some "horsey bags" and clean up all the turds that the horses are leaving all over the roads in the town, its rank! :x

If the drivers dont mind being stopped. so the rider can safely scoop up the mess .... I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing it....

After all you must keep your car tyres clean..... :roll:

If the drivers dont mind being stopped. so the rider can safely scoop up the mess .... I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing it....

there is no need to have the horses wandering around on the main roads in the town causing potential accidents as drivers have to wait to overtake them. dont see why the horses cant go on the less busy roads like out at seafield and around tarland area. then they could easily stop and clean up the mess as not many cars around.

^^^

As I am no longer involved with the horsey scene I can only comment on what happened about 10 years ago..

If my daughter had to transfer her horse to the other side of town, for grazing or wintering it was done at the quietest time of day, but inevitably there would be some disruption to traffic.

Riding through Lochside was essential! not for pleasure! and it certainly was no pleasure with the drivers that didnt have a clue how to safely overtake a horse and rider!!

there is no need to have the horses wandering around on the main roads in the town causing potential accidents as drivers have to wait to overtake them. dont see why the horses cant go on the less busy roads like out at seafield and around tarland area. then they could easily stop and clean up the mess as not many cars around.

What do you mean there is no need to have the horses wandering around on the main roads, where do you think that they are going to go? They have to do some roadwork... and it is up to drivers to be courteous.... after all the horse did come before the car! (case in point).... yes, where possible poop should be removed from the roads, but sometimes it isnt always safe to do so... I tell you what the next time a horse poops on the road going across a roundabout ... ask the rider to get off, use the shovel that she is carrying on her back, and pick up the poop, causing more inconvenience to drivers and possibly causing accidents...

Be reasonable mate...

hmmm not quite the same.. you get fined if caught pissing in the street.. you get fined if you don't pick up dog turd.. so why do horses get away with it?

Because they're on the road!!!!

Dogs do it on the pavement.. where people are walking, and its safe to pick it up..

If your car "dumps" oil on the road you're not fined.

Urinating in public ...... drink less pints :wink:

hmmm not quite the same.. you get fined if caught pissing in the street.. you get fined if you don't pick up dog turd.. so why do horses get away with it?

Because they're on the road!!!!

Dogs do it on the pavement.. where people are walking, and its safe to pick it up..

If your car "dumps" oil on the road you're not fined.

Urinating in public ...... drink less pints :wink:

keep them in the field then they wont do it on the road

if they opened the public toilets then people would go there, its not like u see guys standing outside conochies pissing, they go away up the lane and that washes away with all the rain.