Horse and pony welfare

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avid gardeners used to "relieve" us of all our manure.. especially good for the roses.

Maybe the towns gardeners should keep a shovel by the gate.. :wink:

Good thinking tlady, actually my neighbour got my horses poops out of the trailer... good for the garden... so help yourselves folks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a thought... POLICE HORSES... they ride through towns and cities.. do the POLICE GET OFF AND PICK UP THE turd???????? Right then!

Maybe we should all get one of these then....

http://www.equisan.com.au/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: gimme a break!

looks like you have solved the problem with the crapper catcher, no need to get off the horse with that :D

Can horses eat Ferrero Rocher?

Would a horse get an invite to the ambassador's reception ?

well they might if gordon ramsay is the chef :lol:

He has already tricked hardened vegetarians into eating chicken, accused women of being rubbish cooks and outraged everyone with his relentlessly foul mouth - but surely this time Gordon Ramsay has gone too far.

This week, the controversial chef is urging the great British public to sample a fabulous new meat. A meat which is, apparently, not only delicious and nutritious, but also ever so slightly gamey, lovely and sweet, gorgeously tender and, best of all, very low in fat.

Already, it sounds too good to be true. Come tomorrow, doubtless there'll be great long queues snaking from every butcher and meat counter in the country as we dash out at dawn to buy this latest superfood.

Er, perhaps not. Did I forget to mention? We're talking about horse.

And so, instead of a buying bonanza, Ramsay's comments have provoked outrage among horse lovers, animal welfare campaigners and even our staunchest meat-eaters.

If a horse is likely to drop a load on public roads while it's out - and nobody will clean it up - then surely the horse shouldn't be there. As a matter of responsibility on the riders part they shouldn't take their horses where they can't clean up after them. Same as dog owners that dinnae pick up their poochpoo shouldn't either. We are talking about quite a sizeable amount of poo here after all :roll:

Good attitude, DS3. You're an excellent ambassador for your sport.

Of course I am... But I am a realist and expecting riders to pick up their horse turd is a bit UNREALISTIC... good in theory but not very practical when it comes down to it, unless the horse does it right outside their house...

Big deal. Horse muck is just some stomachly digested grass and the like. Dog dirt on the other hand is odious slimey meaty dog byproduct! Totally different thing. I'd rather see large piles of horse dung than a pile of dog dirt anyday!

The "town" is little more than a conurbation. It's hardly some sprawling metropolis! Most of which is really still just the countryside anyway . . .

Can horses eat the fluffy stuff out of belly buttons?

Big deal. Horse muck is just some stomachly digested grass and the like. Dog dirt on the other hand is odious slimey meaty dog byproduct! Totally different thing. I'd rather see large piles of horse dung than a pile of dog dirt anyday!

The "town" is little more than a conurbation. It's hardly some sprawling metropolis! Most of which is really still just the countryside anyway . . .

Can horses eat the fluffy stuff out of belly buttons?

:lol: yeah thanks for that.. I am sure that horses have never eaten fluff out of anyones belly button..... but yeah you are right.. I was thinking about that this afternoon... its just grass... unlike doggy poop.. which is gross..... and a kid wont go blind if they get horse poop in their eye now will they???? HMMMMMMMM??????