Horse and pony welfare

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that more horses on the roads would be a good thing and I'm not bothered about turd pollution and I couldn't possibly concieve of eating such a lovely creature.

It would slow traffic down in built up areas as people have to slow down to go past them safely... a kind of trotting crapping traffic calming measure... the world would be a much better and "safer" place with more horses.

hmmmmm

maybe if horse riders want consideration and rights on the road .....they should have to tax and insure the animals? :o

scrutineer trots off to hide :)

Yes and maybe if dogs and cats and cyclists and pedestrians want consideration and rights on the road they should be taxed and insured also?

if i ever feel the need to ride a dog on the road i'll make sure its both taxed and insured :wink:

if i ever feel the need to ride a dog on the road i'll make sure its both taxed and insured :wink:

I wasn't suggesting that you ride your dog on the road, that would be ridiculous... be sensible now! What would happen if your dog rode the horse, do you think you should tax the dog, the horse or should you tax them both?

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/719091.jpg

:lol:yes.... it would be ridiculous - i dont have a dog

and for the dog riding a horse :o :

as the means of transport, the horse should be taxed . The dog is the rider and therefore should not be taxed. You seemed to have forgotten the insurance issue- i suppose the horse could be insured - in which case any dog could ride it with the policyholders permission whereas if the dog was insured it could ride any horse - again with suitable permission

the only problem is ..... where to display the tax disk? :wink:

(*** mod edit - excessive quoting removed ***)

the only problem is ..... where to display the tax disk? :wink:

(*** mod edit - excessive quoting removed ***)

Probably not on the horses big hairy ass. If its a hot, sweaty day and there are plenty of flies buzzing around it, it is likely that the big swishy tail could get under the disc and remove it into the air and possibly onto the windscreen of an oncoming vehicle, causing a potential accident.

I would suggest sticking it to a straw hat and putting the hat (holes for the ears) onto the horses head :D

you could have a good point with the hat - providing it dosn't slip over the beasts eyes which could cause another road safety issue.

However i do feel the flies you mentioned are a cause for concern

If they are flying then they could be irrelevant but:

if they land on the "hairy ass" the would be deemed to be passengers and therefore the horse is a passenger carrying vehicle and if the number of passengers is high enough the taxable rate could increase and the insurance policy may also be void!

it seems this business is more complicated than we imagined :lol:

it seems this business is more complicated than we imagined :lol:

Yes, I see what you mean...totally unworkable in that scenario with flies being drawn to the horses ass... unless you spray insect repellent onto the tax disc and as tlady suggests, given that a secure means on attachment can be found, stick it to the top of the horses tail.

^^ dont give up too easily!

if the horse was wrapped in clingfilm, the taxdisk could be put under the top layer and would still be visible

the horse couldn't lick it rs

the film would keep the flies out

it would also keep the turds in

so everybody would be happy .....wouldn't they? :?