Shetlink Problems

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a great problem, but there isn't a thread called "Shetlink Strange Phenomena", so ...

Just been over to the GW thread, and noticed (again) that the page renders overwide in my browser (FF). That is, on the current page (39), and on p37 ... but p38 in the middle renders normal width and doesn't require me to keep shuttling left and right. Anyone else getting this?

This could be due to graphics being larger than your screen. I've posted quite a few graphs there recently, some of them are probably a bit big for smaller, lower res screens. My monitor's huge (28") so I sometimes forget that the graphics I'm posting might be a bit big.

There were issues at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) earlier today. Anyones ISP that would have used a LINX route to get to the Shetlink server would have suffered increased latency and packet loss.

These issues appear to be continuing and may cause some users issue throughout today.

We can say though for definite that Shetlink will be off the air for approx 10mins at 15:00hrs today. Apologies for any inconvenience.

... This could be due to graphics being larger than your screen. I've posted quite a few graphs there recently, some of them are probably a bit big for smaller, lower res screens. My monitor's huge (28") so I sometimes forget that the graphics I'm posting might be a bit big.

Thanks for that, AT, you're probably right. Not least because you're only 2" short of twice my screen size ... :shock:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...