Hotel/Guest House/Hostel Reviews - share your experiences

scrutineer

Personally, I think it is depressing that Shetland continues to haemorrhage it's wealth to another outside (dis)interest.

Yes Colin, this seems to be the trend not only in Shetland but within the UK in general, everything being sold off to outsiders with the result of course much of business is now owned and operated from elsewhere.

"selling off the family silver " and we have folk who think we could be independent. Independent with what!

Changed your mind Urabug? Weatherspoons ? Are they not an outside establishment ?

Personally, I think it is depressing that Shetland continues to haemorrhage it's wealth to another outside (dis)interest.

Yes Colin, this seems to be the trend not only in Shetland but within the UK in general, everything being sold off to outsiders with the result of course much of business is now owned and operated from elsewhere.

"selling off the family silver " and we have folk who think we could be independent. Independent with what!

Changed your mind Urabug? Weatherspoons ? Are they not an outside establishment ?

Yeah! but the choice of menu is usually good + the price is right.

I'm not complaining about outside establishments but making a statement that just about everything is now owned or operated from outside Shetland.

Possibly I will never know,but if I was in a position, I might  also sell to the highest bidder even if they came from "North Korea",knowing full well that I might be depriving my local compatriots of  an opportunity.

Sadly it seems to me to be all about money nowadays and not so much about allegiance to your community anymore.