are you english

although I do correct folks when they say I'm English as enjoy the Scottish/English banter.

Got to agree with that - no matter where I have been I have always corrected people when they have called me English.

Including one particular Englishman - who could not understand why it needed correction 'whats the difference' he said!!!

So the next time I introduced him to someone, I said, 'this is Mark, he's Welsh'.

It worked.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arabia Terra wrote

The trouble is, since Thatcher and her Poll Tax, the rest of us don't want you along anymore! You abused your privileged place in the union (majority rule), and we still haven't forgiven you.

No I did not abuse anything or anyone. Margaret Thatcher and her government got there without any help from me.

As for map makers putting Shetland in strange places I recently found us shown as off Cornwall.

I was rather hoping that a nasty fate would befall Thatcher when the Paras all shouted Yippee (or whatever) when they spotted her at the Falklands killings celebrations.

My Mum once voted for the woman as she believed that she was middle class in her council house and those people that slept under bridges were working class. :cry:

My greatest fear is that Thatcher outlived my Dad and may go on to outlive me. :)

^^^ NO please dont say that

the thought of that hideous old hag surviving indefinitely is too horrible to think about

although she would make a good horror "star" though imagine it a darkened haunted house on a stormy night and the hideous creature shuffling along following you ...... until your back into a corner and have to look at it

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH :wink:

Everything I read is that England as it was is no more and its changeing at pace. English seems to be a bye word for being slagged off and put down, where we scots, welsh, irish etc can be partiotic the poor english seem to be persicuted when they try.

Scotlands far better as it changes slowley.

^^^ as far as being patriotic goes i think a lot of the problem us that the people that are noticeably "patriotic" are predominantly the football thugs and thats making normal people shy away from showing the flag as they dont want to be associated with the mindless thuggery of the football following flag waving lowlife.

so effectively IMHO there is no longer an English flag - the cross of st george is now the English football flag and as such i would not display that flag under ant imaginable circumstances :( despite being born and (reluctantly)living there

Margaret Thatcher was the best thing that ever happened to this country. She made us the great country we are today. I know the French (well certainly all the ones I have spoken too) are hoping that Sarkozy will be their Thatcher! They at least acknowledge that they need to go through the same changes that Britain went through under Thatcher.

Ah yes. The bad things that have happened since Labour have been in power are all down to Labour and all of the good things are down to what the Tories put in place :roll:

So presumably when the Tories get back in next time they will really struggle because of the last x years of Labour power, except of course all of the good things which will have no relation to anything that Labour have done in the last x years.

Margaret Thatcher was the best thing that ever happened to this country. She made us the great country we are today.

She did did she ? well considering we now have no coal industry , no car industry , hardly any steel industry , A country left reeling through massive unemployment , house repossesions and when she privatised many of the nations assets ect...........Oh yeah she was brilliant.

Once heard her on , I think it was nationwide , being asked the question "What if Scotland had a referendum on independance and wanted it , what would you do ? " Well, replied the tin cow " I wouldnt give it to them ! " She was and still is one of the most arrogant , anti scottish , stuck up scumbag you are every likely to meet.

With any luck when she dies she'll be driven so far into the bowels of hell that Jesus himself couldnt find her with an astronamers telescope.

I dont much like the woman.............Rant over :x