Deflating Boy Racers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really into cars much.. prefer motorbikes... so pokey faced twats in jumped up cars dont impress me... maybe it is that they are over compensating for not being "gifted" in the trouser dept... who knows... :wink:

Easiest way to deflate them is to let their tyres doon! :lol:

what a well thought out and helpful reply :roll:

still to carry on the tradition of stereotypes..... what more could we expect from a biker and a horse rider!- usually the ones that jump up and down claiming everything is someone elses fault anyway :roll:

"look everybody - I overtook a car at high speed on a blind crest and got knocked off ..... and its all the car drivers fault!" :roll:

your representing two of the most selfcentered inconsiderate types of road users in one go there DSIII

Ok... one I have never caused an accident... and two no I dont blame other folk when I make a mistake, I put my hand up and say sorry and carry on! and THREE... If I overtake a car at high speed on a blind crest I would make sure that I was on my back wheel so I can at least see over the crest and know if something is coming or not!

And last but not least... what the hell is wrong with bikers? or indeed horseriders? I think there is more consideration and respect from car drivers needed .... A few of my mates have either been seriously injured or have died .. caused by cars... either folks opening their drivers doors and not checking to see what is coming and knocking them off their bikes, or taking off at a roundabout and forcing the bike of the road, or on slip roads to motorways...

I think your reply was more unhelpful than mine and very narrowminded... I dare say mine cracked a smile in a few folks faces... and I must say..

:roll:

DarkstarIII wrote"

And last but not least... what the hell is wrong with bikers? or indeed horseriders? I think there is more consideration and respect from car drivers needed .... A few of my mates have either been seriously injured or have died .. caused by cars... either folks opening their drivers doors and not checking to see what is coming and knocking them off their bikes, or taking off at a roundabout and forcing the bike of the road, or on slip roads to motorways...

Can't argue with that but speaking as a pedestrian, cyclist, moped rider and driver I would also ask "what's wrong with defensive walking, riding etc"?. Thinking that a driver may not have seen you and could pull out in front of you, that a pedestrian might still start to cross even though the green man is now flashing or thart a horse may still be getting used to traffic.

and THREE... If I overtake a car at high speed on a blind crest I would make sure that I was on my back wheel so I can at least see over the crest and know if something is coming or not!

Surely if it is a blind crest then you can't see what is coming and shouldn't be overtaking?

to fill in the background for my obvious loathing of the bikers attitude:

i was driving (legally) in a built up area approaching a bend and railway tunnel. I saw the bikes coming and drove into the kerb to get out of the way

The lead bike dropped it in the tunnel and bike and riders smashed into the front of my prized recently bought car.

The front corner and whole side of the car were totalled,the body was twisted making it a write off.I and my passenger got broken glass in our faces.The police told us if the impact was a foot towards the centreline we would probably both been severely injured

The rider walked (limped away) his passenger is crippled for life

Witnesses testified that they were overtaken by the bikers at speeds estimated of 70mph + (in a 30!!!)

Get the idea?

fair enough up to this point

What followed then was to get absolute sh1t from the riders mates - all of the group claiming i was at fault!!! and to cap it all both the rider and his passenger tried very hard to sue me for their injuries!!!!!!

In the end he was done for dangerous driving and other offences( and just got a few points) and their action on me was thrown out but the whole saga was extremely distressing - it was bad enough having a major accident like that but having been the totally innocent party to get verbal and threats of physical abuse while i was actually trying to help the passenger have altered my attitudes for life.

Previously i had no real feeling for or against the but i'm sure most sane minded people will realise why i have a bit of a attitude now!

and of course with the considerate bikers habits of:

weaving through traffic at high speed

blinding mal-adjusted lights

disregard of double white lines

undertaking

tailgating

passing traffic jams by forcing oncoming traffic to move over

and of course, the noise the bl00dy things make!!!

I'm sure I could add many more to that list but i really cannot be bothered

to sum it up Yes "boy racers" are a pain but i'd rather suffer them than a road full of male menopausal power ranger bikers ruining the countryside with their attitudes and deliberately earsplitting exhausts! :twisted:

Loud exhausts are a safety feature. You can't expect cage drivers to look in their mirrors to know you're behind them :lol:

no need we can tell as the power ranger following is blinding us with the headlights perched on our bootlid - maybe we see you but ignore you?

wonder how many get knocked off as they have just caused temporary blindless?

BTW we live a mile from the local bypass - very rarely hear a car but just about every **** that rides past can be heard clearly ............and all DSIII asks for consideration!! when you lot consider us then you will deserve more consideration :roll:

You're sounding very p'd off scrutineer......think a good ride is what you're needing.

:lol: :lol: Yeah.. look there is faults on both sides ... cant tar every single biker with the same brush and the aggro attitude just makes things worse!

yeah I was being sarcastic... but at the end of the day, its the same with horses, boy racers and bikers... regardless of what they have their ass on or their legs wrapped around they deserve respect like everyone else... just because one biker/horse rider or boy racer has pee'd ya off.. dont take it out on the rest and have a " I hate boy racers" ... "I hate bikers".. or "I hate horseriders"... attitude as it only exacerbates situations.. and causes accidents, and road rage..

I am sorry for the hassle you have had scrutineer... but jeez if I had that same attitude I would be going round smacking every taxi driver. I had a taxi driver.. that drove into me head on at 50mph and wasnt even looking my way, and he was driving on the wrong side of the road coming through a traffic calming island... looking at the pub to see if there was anyone wanting a lift... my mum was badly injured and my car was wrote off.. a year later my mum died... I dont go around hating taxi drivers.. I dare say there are good and bad ones like bad and good drivers/riders...

Get over it mate... :roll:

^^^

I know exactly what you mean and oin many ways agree but the stereotyping you criticise me for is what was happening already on this thread! as i said it was the pot calling the kettle black logic that annoyed me - no road users are blameless

and as for the accident - yeah sh1t happens I can and have got over that but what upset me at the time and TBH still does was the treatment i got from the rest of his group - the its one thing to be the innocent party in a big accident but threats of physical violence is bang out of order

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I happen to agree... and the other thing that is bang out of order is when I stop in a passing place to let someone through from the opposite direction.. whoever is behind me DONT DRIVE PAST ME YOU IGNORANT turdES! oh I tell ya if there ever was a day for an accident to happen that would be it... its blind stupidity is what it is. I am waiting for one of them to cause an accident and I will be first there to make sure their ass is nailed to the block!