Have a rant!!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh I am not sure if it is legal to have a horse on croft land!:

Wow, if that was true I think that half the crofts on shetland would be available for assignation.

But as a bonus, the missus would have to clear out a couple of fields and we could get some more pigs :-)

My rant:

1) The wife stealing my wellies and leaving them stood on the doorstep so when I want them they have 6" of water in the bottom! :x

2) Finding the bottle of super glue has been used and left to dry up.

3) The caddy lambs leaving a nice steaming pile on the door step which I then stand in bare foot whilst looking for the wellies that have taken them selves for a walk.

4) Getting sent out in the pouring rain to put rugs on ponies, what's that all about? As an ignorant bloke, you'd think that with a coat that would put a wooley mamoth to shame they wouldn't need rungs!?

5) Opening MY email account to find that all my emails have been read, car related emails deleted and my inbox hijacked with pony stuff. (and howcome she always knows all my passwords? Is she psychic or something?)

6) The Oyster Catcher that insists on banging on the windows at 4 in the morning. Yes we are awake, thanks! I tried to out smart it by putting a scary childs toy in the window and guess what? it chooses another window to bang on!! If it succeeds in breaking a window, I am sure there must be several entertaining places I can put that pointy beak! Argh!! that bird really has become my arch nemisis :evil:

[/u]

I have to have yet another rant .... another thing that really grips my **** is the hassle of trying to get land to either build a hoose or buy one and then find grazing.. I mean jeez... and the prices of hooses nowadays is rediculous, neither wonder so many people are building (fortunately for some ... most of the land that they build on is handed down through generations)..

All I want is a peerie hoose and a park for my horse!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Even if land is handed down to someone, that person will still have to apply for planning permission to build a house (and there are no guarantees that it will be given) 4 copies of detailed plans must be submitted and £290 as well.

There is no easy way to get on the housing ladder these days!

what about those folk driving through the roundabouts that don't use their indicators so poor pedestrians like me don't know what the numpty in the car is about to do. (rest assured i'm very careful about looking left and right). And those drivers that don't stop when you've pressed the light at the pelican crossing, it's flashing red and oh yes... you're in the middle of the road with a pram!

and my Harry Potter book never arrived! All day yesterday at work I was very much looking forward to coming home and receiving my Amazon pre-ordered back in March Harry Potter book.... and there was nothing!

And binmen. I was standing there washing the dishes on Friday when I saw the essy kert reversing towards our house. My parter was outside washing his car and he realised that he'd forgotten to put the rubbish bags on the other side of the fence (keeping in mind that you can see right through the fence, it's obvious there is rubbish to be collected, it just needs to be moved four inches to the other side), so he picked up a bag to lift it over the fence and the binmen looked at him and hurriedly jumped in the essy kert and drove away. Meh????

One more on the roundabout theme... you don't signal right when you're going straight on! Roundabouts for Dummies

which is absolutely fine and poses no threat to pedestrians crossing that road. However, no indicator when the vehicle is turning right can be a bit dangerous, and gets pedestrians yelled at for being in the way. I can't tell you the number of times I've waited wondering is the car turning my way? Is it going straight? Quite often it is turning in my direction, and if I had gone with said vehicles lack of indicating I would have been flattened.

Ok but the only thing you can be certain about when you see a cars indicator flashing is that the bulb works. People can signal too early or forget to cancel the signal after turning or, as I once saw in a city centre, the lights can have been connected wrongly. A 40 ton truck winking left and going right and so on. So best thing for pedestrians to do is wait until the road is clear or they are certain that a vehicle will be going in a particular direction.

Why try and cross at a roundabout anyway?

There's surely safer places to do it e.g. pedestrian crossings, provided by your ever-friendly local authority.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - brilliant!

All it needs is for the Police to stop the cars that don't bother to signal and check the car over and bag the driver. The message might get through then.

Why try and cross at a roundabout anyway?

There's surely safer places to do it e.g. pedestrian crossings, provided by your ever-friendly local authority.

I used to live near the Clickimin Centre. If I went shopping at Somerfield I used to have to cross at the roundabout (where the little dips indicate pedestrians can cross there - or perhaps they are just there for aesthetics?). Pray tell, how does one get from Somerfield to Haldane Burgess without crossing at the roundabout? It wasn't so difficult from the Co-op since they installed the lights there. Many years ago I used to live at Grostane and when I was heavily pregnant I remember sitting and crying on the side of the road because I couldn't cross, there was a lot of traffic, no one would stop, and I couldn't waddle fast enough.

Exit Somerfield car park and cross the Sea Road at/near exit, walk into Lerwick and cross the South Road using the pedestrian crossing at the health centre, up Gilbertson Road, down Anderson Road to HBC!

Have you ever tried to cross Sea Road? Half of the drivers don't bother indicating that thay are going to turn into Somerfield when they are coming fron the roundabout. It is also on a bend and traffic can come from the other direction rather quickly too.

At least crossing at the roundabout give you an lsland to cross to so there is only one direction of traffic to tackle at a time.