Recycling?

JustMe

Hi Mags, I think Lochside Stores will use some for the guy that supplies them with local eggs.

It seems such a shame that they re no longer used for the bairns to make models at nursery.

I have quite a few egg box creations from my eldest made with such pride, maybe not the p c method of recycling but good for their artistic side.

I cant believe Lerwick doesnt have wheelie bins.

Where I used to live, we used to have colour coded ones to make it simple.

Also this would mean Scorie's/cats would'nt get into your rubbish. And we all no they do regardless if the nets on or not.

To many lanes, hills and old folk for the handling of those I doot!

Do they not have lanes, hills and old folk South?

Also this would mean Scorie's/cats would'nt get into your rubbish. And we all no they do regardless if the nets on or not.

To many lanes, hills and old folk for the handling of those I doot!

Do they not have lanes, hills and old folk South?

Hi,

Sure dae do, but I think da wedder (lik dadays) wid stop mast folk havin wheelie bins. Mind you, a few oh dem flying aboot wid sun get rid oh da skorries and cats :P

There was a local referendum on wheelie bins in Lerwick some years ago, just after some new 'high head official' arrived and wanted to buy new essie kerts. The vote was overwhelmingly against them. Some folk had nowhere outside to store them but most were afraid as to what would happen on a normal windy day.

Guest Anonymous

My favourite form of recycling involves passing beer through my kidneys to produce greth, , :lol:

Then of course, the empty bottles go in the bottle bank. :)

But seriously, why don't UK supermarkets adopt the Norwegian scheme, where a deposit of 1Kr is paid on each beer bottle. When the empties are returned to a machine in the store, a voucher is printed which can be spent instore again,, for more beer.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Its just like people dithering around, holding up the supermarket queues trying to find their debit card to pay for their groceries. They knew that they were going to have to pay when they were queueing so why didn't they get it out then? Perhaps that should be in the pet hate thread!

Man that really annoys me as well! It's never a bloke causing the hold up though :wink:

But seriously, why don't UK supermarkets adopt the Norwegian scheme, where a deposit of 1Kr is paid on each beer bottle. When the empties are returned to a machine in the store, a voucher is printed which can be spent instore again,, for more beer.. :)

It was done years ago. I'm just about old enough to remember folk getting money back on glass lemonade bottles.

It was done years ago. I'm just about old enough to remember folk getting money back on glass lemonade bottles.

I remember paying a deposit for vimto bottles in the flower park in the late seventies.

I am sure I heard the the SIC were going to give out recycling bags for newspapers. I have a large pile of ST's building up in the porch but so far no bags to put them in. Does anyone know anything about this, or was I just imagining it?

I am sure I heard the the SIC were going to give out recycling bags for newspapers. I have a large pile of ST's building up in the porch but so far no bags to put them in. Does anyone know anything about this, or was I just imagining it?

I think this is being trialled in Scalloway before they look to expanding it elsewhere.