2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I was unable to attend but i would have done if i could. Although I doubt I would have been able to have a bearing on the outcome. I just think its poor that Unst would favour this relationship with Burra this year when they had a chance to do the same with their neighbours Yell last year and never seemed to give the idea consideration.

Stoichkov is just a bitter grumpy old man.

I don't think calling people a bunch of idiots (considering you never attended) is going to help the situation.

The A league set-up is fine. 10 strong teams. Why don't the lesser teams work harder during the winter and stop moaning about the S.F.A and Delting being too good. Do something about it!

come on Bunst!! :lol:

Sadly I was unable to attend but i would have done if i could. Although I doubt I would have been able to have a bearing on the outcome. I just think its poor that Unst would favour this relationship with Burra this year when they had a chance to do the same with their neighbours Yell last year and never seemed to give the idea consideration.

Strange isn't it?

I find the whole thing a bit laughable to be honest, and am struggling to find what it's supposed to achieve with regards to developing football in either area long-term. It also instantly negates any achievement either either side might have managed over the course of next season. I doubt it's been thought through very well.

And "Bunst"? Get used to hearing that, it's going nowhere.

Knickers in a twist.

As far as I understand it Burra and Unst are not merging, as it appears.

Unst are concerned that for the first six weeks of season that when they play away from home they will struggle ,on the odd occasion, to field a full eleven players and felt Burra could lend them a hand. No one gets their time wasted playing against ten or nine men and Unst survive until the students get home.

Burra, who have a tiny squad and may fail to field a team get a couple of older Unst players to keep their team surviving until the 14/15 year olds are able to play B league fitba. These 14/15 years olds are not County standard players and are currently playing in Scalloway and may well continue to do so.

I know nothing about Yell/Unst but Scalloway/Burra is really quite simple. Scalloway do not need anymore b league players and have approached no Burra players to play A team fitba for them. So a merger their would mean people not playing at all, and the point of playing football is surely to play, as opposed to wearing the training top around the town or to the 'Lights'.

Personally I was at the AGM's and thought this was quite obvious to anyone listening/awake.

So in short, it allows Unst to fulfill fixtures and Burra to survive. (possibly survive.. so if anyone needs 90 mins in the B league and is not getting it join Burra!!)

Sorry Spency7 I was trying to highlight that neither club was going to lose its Community feel and that it was more a coalition than a full blown merger. Its more an official loan agreement like Man Utd and Antwerp.

It also allows the association a way out, that if in a couple of years a current A team wants to drop down a league then the association can say no way without a president being set. It allows Burra to enter the b league without upsetting the powers that b!

Anyway it was Unst's idea so I don't care.

haha spencey

Christ...

it seems nobody is really worried about unsts co-allition with burra, and in fact it could improve shetland football.

Its good to see the 2 teams actively trying to keep themselves afloat. :lol: 8)

Everyone I've informed of the move has burst out laughing and questioned whether or not it was serious. (Not even Yell players I might add, haven't spoken to any yet.) No-one was annoyed or "worried" - they just think it's dumb.

What happened to "Stand Free" Baxter? Sing up! "WE ARE THE FAMOUS BUNST-F-C."