2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that riveting "Yes-it-is/No-it-isn't" discussion has (hopefully) subsided, let's go back to where we were:

Can anyone from the Unst camp comment on the following?:

Why don't Unst make an "acceptable" Northern Rovers proposal to Yell? I'm under the impression that there's certainly more hostility to the idea on your end rather than ours. A and B sides from the North Isles make the most sense to encourage football in the long run, and (very, very) slowly it seems people are beginning to accept it.

oh dear spencey

"Why don't Unst make an "acceptable" Northern Rovers proposal to Yell?"

Why should they??

WHY DON'T YELL MAKE AN ACCEPTABLE NORTHERN ROVERS PROPOSAL TO UNST.

As far as i am led to believe neither team has made a proposal, and all this is pure shetlink speculation and discussions in the pub between people who don't really have a say...

:? 8) :roll: :twisted: :evil: :wink:

the association agreed to let Burra and Unst amalgamate with A games to be played in Unst and B games to be played in Burra, though the two clubs still need to meet to fine tune the matter and see if terms can be agreed.

God kens whaur you all get the Unst have already agreed to merge with Burra idea fae, i posted the info after the meeting on the 1st at spenceys request so he could find out what happened fae the meeting calm doon guys ur getting wound up afore the event has happened, geen you to your respective AGM's and state your case for your ideas it is that simple, for those of you that canna win tae dem, find out wha your club secretary is and put your proposal to them in writting, if you think that Unst should approach Yell regarding the possibilty of a joint Northern Rovers venture propose it at Unsts AGM digby, get a seconder and away you go it really is that simple :? if it isn't accepted then you tried your best but you have to go with the view of the majority.

Come noo penfold, dunna pretend tae be naive. We aw ken dat dis haes been agreed atween da twa o dem afore da AGM. Du is right aboot gyain tae da club AGM or writing tae dem, dat wid be wan way o trying tae pit a stop tae it.

Now for anybody that disagrees that it's not a done deal, you have to understand that certain people decide what happens at the clubs. I will have to check the Unst FA constitution, but I can't believe such a decision would be made by a public vote. If it is, then lets arrange 5 bus loads of people who are pro-Northern Rovers, and we'll gate crash their AGM and get it voted in.

I don't think the Unst-Burra situation is a done deal, nothing has been decided for definite and as the season is still a good 6 months away these two teams may look at other options before deciding what they believe is best for their respective clubs.

The folk that seem to think it is a done deal are naive and ignorant, has it been formally accepted by the SFA...... NO.

the association agreed to let Burra and Unst amalgamate with A games to be played in Unst and B games to be played in Burra, though the two clubs still need to meet to fine tune the matter and see if terms can be agreed.

I must apologize. I read this as meaning the SFA have agreed to it, and Unst & Burra just need to agree to it.

Anyway, as far as I can tell Burra must amalgamate with Unst. The only other options are they fold, or join the Works League and have no home games.

Just one question, did Burra propose this at the AGM without first discussing it with somebody very influential on the Unst FA? Don't make me laugh. Next you'll be saying decisions are made by council's and goverment at meetings, and not before hand.

I think I have poor englis and mak spellin mistokks but some members of Shetlink simply canna read.

EISTnWast obvioulsy does not want to know the facts and is more intent on creating confusion with inaccurate entries. I assume you are either very young or very old as you seem to be losing your marbles.

5 bus loads of people into Unst, you wouldn't get past passport control!!!

The bit I don't understand is.

-Burra hardly have any players.

-Unst think they need to merge to field an A Team next year.

So how are they going to field two teams at opposite ends of Shetland....where are all these players coming from.

Please don't think I am having a go, it's just doesn't quite add up in my mind.

Boris, the reason why this would work by the 2 teams merging is because players would be able to play for both the a and b teams. So when Burra were missing some players - for whatever reason - some unst players would be able to help them out to ensure they get a full side, and vice versa. This wouldn't be allowed without merging.

I havna read da copyright rules so if dis is oot o order I apologise an da moaderators'll joost hae tae do awa wi it.....but I did hae tae chuckle at dis bit in da Shetland Today online bit

"While some feel the most logical link-up for Burra would be with neighbouring Scalloway, Laurenson said such a move would spell the end of Burra FC and leave Unst short of players to boot."

I joost tocht da Yell men widna hae ony problems finnin' Unst players tae boot :lol: