2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not good to hear that news. I hope for all sakes that the injury was caused accidently.

As for suspensions if someone was guilty of some challenge with malicious intent, I know it was in a different league but the 8 game ban handed out to Mr Saunders of Yell for a petulent wave of his boot may give an indication of what someone who actually meant to injure someone should receive.

thats really bad like. was it just one of those unfortunate accidents that can happen in football or was it something more maliscious?

You would think tir would be some form of susension or ban.

nah it certainly wasnt a malicous challenge. it was just a 50/50 ball which was there to be won.

I know it was in a different league but the 8 game ban handed out to Mr Saunders of Yell for a petulent wave of his boot.

A kick to the head of a player, petulant or not. Could do some serious damage! and this sort of act should not be tolerated in any form of football.

thats really bad like. was it just one of those unfortunate accidents that can happen in football or was it something more maliscious?

You would think tir would be some form of susension or ban.

What???

You're calling for someone to be banned...and you don't even know what they've done?

Hope you're never on a jury.

What???

You're calling for someone to be banned...and you don't even know what they've done?

Hope you're never on a jury.

well... martin taylor got a 3 match ban for breaking eduardo's leg and there was no maliscious intent there.

And i dont want to be on a jury so i agree with you MiM

Hey there my fellow football supporters and players! After finally making an apperance on this website i would just like to say hello im Mr?..

First of all... after seein the tackle in which Micheal Owers was seriously injured i would without a doubt say it was done WITHOUT intend! The tackling player was going for the ball and it was a complete accident!

Now on the topic of bad fouls... i would like to say a keen challenge without intend is better then kick a player while down on the ground were the ball is no were 2 be seen! So an 8 match ban for Mr Saunders is justified! But i dont think an large ban is needed for the challenge on Mr Owers.. a 3 match ban would be justified with maybe a small fine for the club?

Also reading about the UnstFc-Whalsay game.... Unst were short of main players and younsters aged 15 were playing like the goalie Micheal Thompson who played outstandin!

With the A league finally started no one actually reliseas how bad the Delting side will become in the near future... Most of the talented young players have moved to Mossbank Fc while Craig Jarvie moved to Ness United and Liam MacGregor moved to Unst Fc. All i can say is gd luck to all!

Mr?

If the referee didn't cite the player in question for the tackle then there is no grounds for taking disciplinary action against him, the case of Mr Saunders and Mr Mouat is different as both were cited for offences in the referee's report from the game.

It should be a warning to clubs and players that any offences of the type they were sent off for can and may result in lenghty bans, as the precedent has been set. If you wish to appeal the ban you can raise it with the SAFA in Glasgow who will hold a hearing which as a player and club you have to attend at your own cost and run the risk of the committee finding the your parent association was to soft with the punishment and increase your ban. The offence that Mr Saunders was banned for can carry a 5 YEAR BAN. So think on.

penfold you may be able to answer this but when was the Shetland Football Association constitution amended and formally approved to fall into line with the Scottish Amateur Football Association?

And having looked at the SAFA constitution online where does the maximum of 5 years come from? As I understand it Mr Saunders and Mr Mouat where charged with standard offences with fixed suspensions so where does the 5 year ban come in? Was that the Shetland Football Association viewpoint?