2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

Couldn't tell you Brokenlink you would need to ask the association secretary on that one. the 5 year ban is the maximum penalty that can be handed out for the offence, or so the secretary informed the meeting it is in the SAFA handbook.

Those present at the meeting discussed the options available to Mr Saunders and Yell at length, the only one was the right to appeal the decision to the SAFA in Glasgow which they informed Yell could lead to the ban being increased they also have to attend the hearing in person and at their own cost.

I recall a Spurs player being banned for a year over an incedent off the ball in a game that ban was set after consultation from the SAFA.

We also discussed the playing only 3 subs from 5 on your bench in the reserve league, and were told again that it was the rules of the SAFA and had to be adhered to, so if that is the line as an association they can hardly turn round and say that they don't agree with the new disciplinary rules, when it does not suit a club.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also discussed the playing only 3 subs from 5 on your bench in the reserve league, and were told again that it was the rules of the SAFA and had to be adhered to, so if that is the line as an association they can hardly turn round and say that they don't agree with the new disciplinary rules, when it does not suit a club.

Yeah it is a bit crazy the subs rule, no real local autonomy for the association. I guess it is no longer Shetland FA rules we play by but the Scottish ones which are probably one size fits all. I guess there is no workaround to this unfortunately.

The Manson Cup draw was:

Preliminary round: Scalloway v Whitedale * Yell V Spurs 2/6/08

Quarter-Finals : 09/06/08

Thistle vWhalsay * Celtic v Scall/Wdale * Delting v Yell/Spurs * Ness V Unst

Semi-finals : 16/06/08

Ness/Unst v Celtic/Scall/Wdale * Thistle/Whal v Delting/Yell/Spurs

Final 12/7/08

Fraser Cup Draw was:

Preliminary Round : 30/6/08

Ness v Scalloway * Delting v Whalsay

Quarter-Finals : 7/7/08

Whitedale v Celtic * Thistle v Yell * Spurs v Delting/whalsay

Unst v Ness/Scall

Semi-finals : 14/7/08

Wdale/Celtic v Spurs/Delt/Whal * Thistle/Yell v Unst/Ness/Scall

Final 9/8/08

Why didn't Unst enter the Madrid Cup? Yell did.

I agree that SAFA rules might not always be suited to football in Shetland, but IMO we should try to work closer with the national bodies.............

And just read in Da Times that the match referee in the Saunders ban saga has refused to comment. Disappointing that such a decent referee can't shed further light on the situation.

Hate to be the one to use a bit of common sense :roll: , but the recent leg-break incident must go unpunished. Just because the injury was serious people are calling for 3 match bans. You can't punish a player who did nothing wrong.

Your speakin crazy talk Eist! You have to punish the player... its a leg break! If you think he did nothing wrong then you hav no idea what ur talkin about... Even if he didnt mean it he still broke the leg of a player..

3 match ban is justified!

You don't have to punish the player because off how bad the injury was.

It was a 50/50 tackle were someone accidently got injured it happens the whole time in football.

Many a footballer has had to give up football with knee, ankle or back damage through a 50/50 challenge but a broken leg is more visable and sounds worse than say knee ligament damage which can take longer to get over.

It was an accident he was trying to win the ball nothing more.

You said yourself Mr? the player did nothing wrong.

^^^

Exactly.

So a question for Mr? - If a player kicks somebody in the calf and gets a yellow card, and the player that was kicked is out for 4 weeks because of the injury sustained, does that mean the player who got a yellow card should get a 12 game ban or whatever?

I feel as sorry for Mr Owers as anybody does, but you have to realise that **** happens. Going back to MiM's comment on the other thread, I hope that Mr? is never on a jury. If you make love with your girlfriend and cause her a heart attack because it was too much excitement for her, does that mean you are guilty of murder?

Edited to say that I now realise some comments have been moved to this thread, and I am probably wasting my time asking that question to Mr?

Legs don't just break though ( and they are quite solid things). Their must be something wrong with a tackle to cause that damage, intentional or not it is still a dangerous or wreckless tackle that breaks a mans leg.

the FA gave Martn Taylor a 3 match ban for his tackle n Eduardo, and that was not malicious!!!!!! Some people were callin for Taylor to get a life ban, most notably Arsene Wenger (although he did retract those comments later)

So a question for the people who don't understand - If a player kicks somebody in the calf and gets a yellow card, and the player that was kicked is out for 4 weeks because of the injury sustained, does that mean the player who got a yellow card should get a 12 game ban or whatever?

Fixed.

But I do realise I am wasting my time trying to get these people to see reason. I hope they never suspect somebody of being a witch, otherwise the accused will be tied up and thrown into a loch.

^^^

I'm staying clear of that one for now. From what I've read Mr McCurry's performance left a lot to be desired. At least I realise that him not being a Rangers fan doesn't excuse how he performed.

I'd like to think that most of the points I make on that thread are valid. The people on this thread are saying something like 'if you fall down a flight of stairs you should sue the owner of the building, even if there was nothing wrong with the flight of stairs'. It's ridiculous.

At least nobody was foolish enough to argue against the Hearts man who said the OF are top because they are the strongest.

Am I anywhere close to being on topic here? :oops: