2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must tell you that the proposed parish league doesnt have the backing of the parish cup association at the moment. It looks like the whalsay may be able to enter a team as they are looking to have a third side anyway. Northmavine would cover the delting area with the wrultizers works league team. We dont want to be in competition with the A league and dont want teams that strong in the parish league so delting would seem to be a non-starter. Perhaps what we are proposing is a league that would be in competition with the B league. What the parish league would offer is football at a better standard than B league. It would be much more competetive anyway. Maybe delting could enter in the future but that would depend on some of the players from that area playing for northmavine. The way we see it at the moment that is delting B have alot of players who are too good for that standard of football. Two teams from that area in the parish league could balance that out though.

Sounds great, why don't you just take over the running of senior football in Shetland as it appears that the vast majority think the Shetland FA is incapable of doing it?

The Parish League won't happen. The league set up maybe isna perfect but that doesna mean teams should set up their own leagues.

Teams with no geographical link joining together is another bad idea. Players who are on the fringe of a team would get even less football.

The A league looks like staying the same with the exception that there will be no Burra.

The association could develop fitba at the next level instead o Parish league.

How about encouraging a Whalsay C and Delting C independant of their A teams to join a Mossbank, Hoolands, Tizers, Burra and the current Celtic B in a second tier of fitba?

Reserve team game scould be organised on a friendly basis we as many A team players as you like playing.

Celtic B are virtually a seperate team from the A team.

Whitedale and Thistle do not have big enough squads to have two seperate teams. Correct me if you can with numbers of squad players.

These second tier teams could have their own league and compete in all the cups. Giving them 20 odd games a season. A game a week!!

So tonight's the big night, the SFA AGM. Could I ask someone who attends to post a rough breakdown of what was said/discussed with regards to last season and next?

I'm very curious to hear if the association regard last summer's "trial season" as a success.

(and before anyone has a go at me about not going myself - I'm in Edinburgh)

President - Magnus Flaws

Vice - president - Niall Bristow

Secretary - Mark Goodhand

Fixtures Secretary - Robbie Goudie

Treasurer - Sandra Mann

County Manager - John Johnston

Next years A teams

Bunst

Celtic

Delting

Ness United

Scalloway

Spurs

Thistle

Whalsay

Whitedale

Yell

Next years B teams

Bunst B

Celtic

Delting

Ness United

Scalloway

Thistle (provisionally)

Whalsay

Whitedale

Spurs rep had left the meeting before the topic came up for discussion and nobody was sure if they would enter a B team, the association agreed to let Burra and Unst amalgamate with A games to be played in Unst and B games to be played in Burra, though the two clubs still need to meet to fine tune the matter and see if terms can be agreed. Most committee posts filled with the exception of the second fixtures secretary post, which if it isnt filled will mean no fixtures next season as the job is too much for one person to take on, any volunteers?

SFA to write to the Highland league regarding entry to a highland league cup, with the proviso that funding can be found, senior county players to take a bigger role in fundraising with a specific committe to be set up for this end.

Flabbergasted of soothend here.

Are you telling us that this Unst/Burra merger is true, has been done and that the Association allowed it?

If that is the case some people need a shake.

Sustainability, community clubs and even downright common sense have clearly been thrown out with all the dummies. Can someone tell me, without the nonsense of “dem an wis†why the halifax Unst and Yell, Burra and Scalloway don’t just see sense and have the same A and B set up Bunst (who came up with that) appear to have entered into?

The anti Scalloway thing from Burra is simply childish.

I can see that if both Unst and Yell feel they can sustain A teams then “independence†is fair enough. But can either over the long term on their own?

Chance lost.