2008 - Shetland Fitba

Bogle

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is a pretty poor show. Another example of how people expect to be able to turn up to play a sport, and never have to get involved with running it.

It's only an hour and a half, and you get paid.

Well if it's so easy and you get so much money, then why is there only 1 referee in Yell?

I would almost go as far as saying paying mileage for the refs is a good thing. At least the clubs might finally wake up and realise that in a place the size of Shetland, recruitment of referees is their responsibility and no-one else's.

Are you trying to say that £30 for 2hrs work for refereeing a match near your home isn't good money??? :P 8)

I'd say its pretty damn good money for anyone willing to do it.

Am no saying its easy work, because it definitely isn't. The abuse some referees take is unbelievable but the good referees should always come out on top of that.

I think player behaviour should be the topic under discussion because that is sometimes pathetic...

why is there only 1 referee in Yell

no sure what your point is??? :?:

Guest Anonymous

As a person trying to learn Norwegian,, and failing miserably,, perhaps somebody could tell me if the Shetland word Fitba, of the English Football, is possibly derived from Norwegian.

I tried putting together a couple of words I had learned from reading local graffiti and came up with the following:

Norwegian: Fitte

Plus

Norwegian: Ball

"Fitteball",,, you see what I mean?? It is remarkably similar. Until I found out what those Norwegian words mean...

:oops: :oops:

"Fitte" = Pussy (and not the feline type)

"Ball" = Gonad (same in any language)

So does this mean that football players are a lot of ball chasing pussies??? Or pussies with balls????

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Just trying to lighten a very boring subject :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right JAS, that is part of my point.

As per usual most people aren't willing to look at the can of worms from both sides of the fence.

What I was trying to do was encourage people to discuss the cause of the problem, and come up with a long term solution. I shouldn't really have wasted my time. If people were willing to do that, Shetland football wouldn't have as many problems as it does.

Stoichkov wrote:

Says one who trying to learn Norweigan....

Maybe I should stick to trying to learn English,,, at least I'd get the comment better than that.. ^^^^^

Sorry to all NORWEGIANS for my mis-spelling and poorly structured sentence. I must have lost my concentration while writing that last post. You must forgive me. I wouldn't mind studying your ladies, but your language?! *Yawn*

@penfold

Unst v Yell

Ness v Southern League

Parish Cup Association v Lerwick

Burra v Scalloway

Works League v B League

There are solutions available to all of these problems, but as long as clubs/associations/people are only interested in themselves, then nothing will change.