Animal Cruelty-Will the Sherriff issue a custodial sentence?

madasaferret

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aggree that for everyone's sake a lifetime ban on keeping all animals would be appropriate, but I'm not sure a custodial sentence would be appropriate in the case of one of the convicted.

The other perrie little ducker and diver has been starving animals for years and getting away with it. He certainly will pay no fine!

If the court lives up to their apparent current form, of which the recent outcome of the Mooney's assault case would, on the face of it at least, appear to be a classic example. I'll be surprised if there's anything more than the usual slap on the wrist of community service and/or probation handed down for this....

I aggree that for everyone's sake a lifetime ban on keeping all animals would be appropriate, but I'm not sure a custodial sentence would be appropriate in the case of one of the convicted.

The other perrie little ducker and diver has been starving animals for years and getting away with it. He certainly will pay no fine!

Well said and a 1000% accurate , Im also in full agreement that a custodial sentence maybe wouldnt be appropriate in the first one you mentioned.

I have known both of these men since they were boys. One of them has been a poor critter a his life and I agree he should not be allowed to keep animals but I dont think a custodial sentence would be appropriate.

As for the other I hope they throw away the key!!!

Sending down in the case of this guy, would be the holiday of a lifetime.

Soap drop watch on standby Para.

One could always lock them up under the same conditions. No food, a room the size of a broom cupboard. Crapping over there own legs etc. But all the people I have over heard talking about it just want to lock them up and throw a way the key (No interfering Neighbours to phone the R.S.P.C.A to complain) So nobody to complain on there behalf then. What a shame I don’t think.

Given that an offender who assaulted a human being whilst oot on bail for the same thing was described by the sheriff as "charming" I dinna had oot much hope for a deservedly tough sentence on this pair.

Unless one of them is caught with a bald tyre sometime soon..................??