Animal Cruelty-Will the Sherriff issue a custodial sentence?

madasaferret

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

200 hours community service, hope its not working with animals, and as for sentence defered to see if the other offendeer can look after his animals in the next month, well i thought is was proved that he couldnt look after animals thats why he was in court in teh first place????

This time of year all animals look fat - one month from today, they will still look fat (last of the summer grass). The Sherriff should look at them in March when they have been through a bad Shetland winter - they will all look abit different then.

As for the saved pony who has been wheeled out at every show - it doesn't mean she is better, fit or well - just alive and barely existing. Her skin is in an appaulling state and she has no light in her eyes.

Guess what!! Her new owner deemed her fit to run with the stallion 2 months after her ordeal. This does not mean the mare made a full recovery, it just means her new owner wanted use of her uterus.

Fx

that is well outta order. that pony should not be put with any stallion ever.

The poor pony has been through enough. cuming to terms with having good grazing and good feed should be the important thing for this beautiful pony. not quick romp with the local stallion to make her body go into shock. The mare will not be fit enough to carry a fetus for many years if ever the body is not in good enough condition to carry herself.

Maybe they should make sure this pony is being looked after by someone who understands the full picture. But its like a lot of things once someone buys something it is up to them what they do with it......

PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS MARE ENJOY HER LIFE.

I am not holding my breath.

lita340 I couldn't agree with you more, imagine that poor mare, pictured on the front page of the paper, 8 weeks later being put in foal. Unable to stand, then expected to feed a foetus! Outrageous :cry:

I too think Frances144 has an extremyl valid point. Ponies, at this time of year, need little in the way of "care" other than keeping an eye on them to make sure they are not going down with laminitis due to being TOO FAT in the autumn flush of grass! :evil: :evil:

Come February, the time of year when all the poor kraters came to light in the first place, is the time the Sheriff and his men should be taking a great interest to see what measures were put in place over the winter to see the animals through.

I don't see what relevence a job will have as he had a good one and never looked to them then!