Best Chipshop in shetland...

steven096

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ians fish an chip shop wis fantastic back maybe 5 years ago. When it wis sold its been da Fort all the way!!! Frankies is good asweel but have tae agree the chips can sometimes hay a burnt oil taste we dem. Day do a very fine breakfast, an also some splendid maet efter d Brae UHA but dare again anything is spot on!!! :P :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest harri2006

Went to the new chippy today. Portion of fish was not very much considering it cost £4.30 for a sinlge fish. The batter on my king rib was rather hard. On the plus side tho, the chips were lovely and they had chip shop brown sauce mmmmmm

Chips are excellent (had some really tired ones from both The Fort and the Happy Haddock recently) but the white pudding needed to be cooked in hotter oil I think. The batter was pale and flabby, not crisp at all. In fact the contents of their counter of the pre-fried fish, meat, etc wore the same coloured batter.

I hope this is teething problems because their chips were excellent and the white pudding was a good make but needed longer imho.

Yum, yum!

I am keen to try the kebabs but not until I am 100% convinced everything is cooked for long enough...... for obvious reasons! :oops: