Best Chipshop in shetland...

steven096

I'm gonna have to go with fort, HH left us all with dodgy stomachs last time we were there, new harbour was ok, but not great. Frankie's has been that much of a hit or miss (more miss than hit)

I would rather drive the 30miles to town and get from the fort. never had a bad supper from them yet and the fish there wins hands down! (for us)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about the best chip shop but there is one within spitting distance of the Douglas Arms that ripped me off yesterday and has to be about the worst.

Biggest chip in the tray (honest truth) could not have been more than 1 inch long.

Must have scraped the scuttle clean to get them out.

Trouble is that I was home before I unwrapped them.

Never again will I buy from them....

Tbh, fish and chips are becoming a luxury and saved for special occasions. It is not a cheap meal anymore. :(

Agreed.

4 fish suppers = £22

Cooked meal for 4 (meat, tatties, veg etc.) under £10 (Ok, a little more if you're extravagent).

Definately a 'treat'.

No Brainer.

FWIW;

Last time I was in Orkney I got a fish supper.

Two large Haddock fillets, a huge tray of chips, a tub of beans and, a bread roll.

£4.70.....

Frankies used to undercook thier chips but they have them bag on now and they win for me, i used to love the fort but the last few times ive been there thier fish has had a perculiar taste , I know it sounds odd but it actually tasted like stagnant sea water..I sent it back twice but then began thinking it was my taste buds, wonder if anyone else has had this experiance?

we went to Frankies when it first opened and we both ordered a chicken supper, however they came without batter??? I thought it being battered was the norm and if requested you could have it without? Havnt been back although it was very good but we missed the batter.

Tbh, fish and chips are becoming a luxury and saved for special occasions. It is not a cheap meal anymore. :(

Agreed.

4 fish suppers = £22

Cooked meal for 4 (meat, tatties, veg etc.) under £10 (Ok, a little more if you're extravagent).

Definately a 'treat'.

No Brainer.

FWIW;

Last time I was in Orkney I got a fish supper.

Two large Haddock fillets, a huge tray of chips, a tub of beans and, a bread roll.

£4.70.....

Glad I am not the only miserable git! :D

• 1 month later...