Best Chipshop in shetland...

steven096

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

I'd agree, I gave it three chances and the last was the worst, the chips were from the day before, re-fried, and horrible, the seagulls had a good meal though. Unless saturdays are a bad day to go there?? which is the only day I'm in town. :cry: If so I'll stick to the Fort which has never let me down. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to Ian's in August when I was on holiday. I bought five crabsticks and a portion of chips and it was ok. The chips were a little soggy and it was difficult to pick up less than two or three at a time, but it was nostalgic, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The crabsticks were good (as far as crabsticks go), but then again it's difficult to get them wrong.

As I say, this was in August, so things may well have improved/deteriorated since.

Had chips in a cone at The Fort last Monday - best description "average" from me and "good" from my OH. He thinks, compared with the rest, they are the best of a pretty poor bunch.

The Fort are, at least, consistent - we think this is due to the amount of traffic so that the chips are never chewey and old. There is just no excuse for chippings (thank you, Happy Haddock!).

This is a very sad state of affairs. The Happy Haddock used to be great, Ian's were just as good and The Fort stayed the same. What has happened to the great chip? They are the bench-mark of Shetland cuisine!

Oh, the chypocrasy! :D