The Queen's English

breeksy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will just end up confirming her little idea that we are all savages up here.

Oh dee oh little faith. Dunna worry I could hardly be ersed onyway.

I have a little story for you relevant to your attempts to mock the way you think I speak (I don’t)

I am very sorry, I had no idea you were mute. I mostly wait till the disabled are out of earshot before I mock them.

Didn't you once call me a furball?

What states that being a furball means something bad.

ootchy cootchy coo is how they make me feel inside.

Call me a hairytube and forget it, no point in wasting yer time waiting for me to improve meself (I've been at me apex for ages noo)

ootchy cootchy coo is how they make me feel inside.

And I dont eat that many cats, before all you animal lovers start. :twisted:

While I go along with the sentiments here about Mrs Whatserface and thought Filska did an admirable job :), I just feel a little bit uneasy about private emails being paraded for all to see. Does she know they're online?

Her e-mail address is provided on the Shetland News website along with her original letter/e-mail, so presumably she has (or at the very least not asked for it to be withheld).

That said, sending some dotty woman abusive e-mails over a misguided point of view isn't likely to do the Shetland image of hospitality much good either. Put the pitchforks and torches down folks, I'm sure she's got some inkling of the error of her ways by now. Like riskassessed said, there's far more important things to get riled up about.

Put the pitchforks and torches down folks

Personally I was just wondering if this was in referance to Shetlink

Dark element of a Shetland underground, sinister, mysterious, (black magic, ?)frightening, longstanding state of affairs
Sounds a pretty apt description of the gang. It's what keeps me coming back. :wink:

sheepshagger you wouldn't have happened to been involved with LS would you? just the countries you listed!

At Uni here everyone calls the Welsh and an area in Scotland sheep shaggers, not much known about Shetland really. I live with two English lasses and when I showed them the post by 'Queen's English' wife they said they would never do that. If they went to Shetland they said they'd expect to hear Shetand dialect in public places seeing as it is Shetland.

Wow, what incredibly open-minded flatmates you've got!

Mine just take the p*** :lol:

While I go along with the sentiments here about Mrs Whatserface and thought Filska did an admirable job :), I just feel a little bit uneasy about private emails being paraded for all to see. Does she know they're online?

Her e-mail address is provided on the Shetland News website along with her original letter/e-mail, so presumably she has (or at the very least not asked for it to be withheld).

I didn't mean her email address - yes, that was with her letter to Shetland News. What I was referring to was the private exchanges between Mrs Doodah and Filska and the ethics of publishing private emails without someone's consent.