Shetland's written and spoken form** READ THIS FIRST **

admin

Welcome to the new dedicated Shetland dialect usergroup

From an initial private usergroup set up in the summer of 2007, this has expanded into a forum and is now available to the Shetlink community. It's purpose is to "share information, share resources and communicate ideas" regarding Shetland dialect.

Please be aware that we request for the "most part" that users of this "Shaetlin Dialect" forum write in Shetland dialect only. Diacritical marks are provided and the use of these are as simple as pressing the button to have the the mark appear in the edit box.

NOTE: Use of diacritical marks is purely down to user preference in writing style.

(** MOD EDIT ** - title altered from "Shetland Dialect Usergroup" to above to reflect organic changes to forum 19/12/07)

• 2 months later...

I propose to change the name of this sub-forum. When it was dedicated to the dialect itself it was justified, but after all linguistic topics about etymologies, Norn, Old Norse etcetera were moved here and more posts made not in the dialect appeared, the subject of the forum became a bit broader. What about changing it to "Languages of Shetland" or something like that?

• 2 years later...

I'm joost gotten intae dis inteer web, seelver surfin, an lookin up aa da diffrint topics an fin dat dey'r aafil interesteen.

I wis kina hoppin dat dis paert o da forum, da Shetlin bit wid be for fok dat want tae rite a peerie storie or mebie eevn twa tree lines o poetry.

whit aboot it den, fok? Meybe a clerihew, a bit o haiku, or joost an oardinery sonnet?

Some ting tae tink aboot.

Keetie

Welcome tae da interweb keetiebairdie.

Dir bee a scaar o Haiku an Poetry aboot here aaready, hae a peere skoit aboot (dir a skoit engine ida tap right corner yunder) and feel free tae add ony peerie stories or poems at du liks! :)

ps http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104785&sid=72d001f6c8e0fd54b2479bc863040d70

• 2 months later...

You will have to excuse my language here for now.

I seem to have at my disposal a Ventrillo Server for the next three months. It is a means where folk can interact and talk with each other.

I can give admin rights to anyone and create channels.

Up to 15 folk at any one time can use it.

If someone wants to try to set up an audio forum and make use of my surplus they are most welcome.

you know where I am....

• admin unpinned this topic