The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Auld Meerkat

Just for the younger generation of the old firm fans.

When I worked in Glasgow in the late 1960's I watched some of the great old firm stars at their home grounds playing various teams. I never went back to Ibrox after witnessing Rangers fans abuse of their visitors Dynamo Moscow in a "friendly" match. The tirade of anti-catholic bile from the fans was made even more ridiculous by the fact that this was a Soviet Union team who could not understand a word and were probably atheists anyway!

Fast forward to 2011 and Celtic v. Rennes. Do these minority nutters really think that the French team and fans are remotely interested or affected by stupid chants praising the IRA.

Whether certain songs are deemed to be sectarian or not, they are still offensive!

Surely in this day and age its about time that the decent fans of Celtic and Rangers booed or tried to drown out the idiots who give a bad name to their clubs and the international image of Scottish football

• 3 weeks later...

These are difficult times for Rangers now that a level of transparency has been implemented at the SFA. Their under-pressure rookie-manager is having trouble dealing with these changes after having things relatively easy for his entire professional career in Scotland.

Previously, decisions regarding discipline were taken by mystery figures at irregular intervals – and the Scottish media were unwilling to identify the individuals involved in making some of the most confounding decisionse, like overturning Charlie Mulgrew‘s red card two days after he was dismissed at Ibrox but deciding to wait until the following season to pass judgement on Kyle Lafferty for his act of simulation in the same incident.

As a result of this ambiguity assistant managers and players of a certain team who attempted to encroach their opponents technical areas, manhandled match officials, refused to leave the pitch after being dismissed, attack a clubs doctor and provoked an opposing manager into an argument on the touchline were all let off with their tummies tickled.

Thankfully, this has all changed. Sure we wouldn’t want another strike, would we?

• 2 weeks later...

Hearts - Sectarian element to their support.

In this video they can be clearly heard singing billy boys, an outlawed and banned song deemed to be sectarian both by uefa and the SFA. Can I also remind them of an attack on the Celtic manager last season.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=LOM2rx-NU-A

Rangers - Sectarian element to their support.

Celtic - Sectarian element to their support.

When will fans of these clubs realise, they are all as bad as each other, there is no moral highground, you all have a vocal scum element to your support who will embarass you.

Celtic fans for singing about the IRA is disgraceful, you are every bit as bad as these Rangers morons singing the famine song and the billy boys.

Just for the younger generation of the old firm fans.

When I worked in Glasgow in the late 1960's I watched some of the great old firm stars at their home grounds playing various teams. I never went back to Ibrox after witnessing Rangers fans abuse of their visitors Dynamo Moscow in a "friendly" match. The tirade of anti-catholic bile from the fans was made even more ridiculous by the fact that this was a Soviet Union team who could not understand a word and were probably atheists anyway!

Fast forward to 2011 and Celtic v. Rennes. Do these minority nutters really think that the French team and fans are remotely interested or affected by stupid chants praising the IRA.

Whether certain songs are deemed to be sectarian or not, they are still offensive!

Surely in this day and age its about time that the decent fans of Celtic and Rangers booed or tried to drown out the idiots who give a bad name to their clubs and the international image of Scottish football

Yup, and that's why these so-called 'Premier' Scots clubs are ridiculed by just about everyone in football outside Scotland: Stands populated by stone-age retards and those who have not the guts to turn their backs on them. Have fun 'Old Firms' - no-one takes you seriously any more.

My brother told me about the Hearts support. When he was at Edinburgh University he attended many Hearts and Hibs games. He said the sectarian bile the Hearts supporters sang and shouted was never highlighted or published in the press.

I looked up a Hibs supporters website and it seems he was right. As the saying goes Hearts fans - Glass houses and stones....

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?104141-Sectarian-singing