The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

I think the administrators are using any excuse not to make a decision. Whatever the outcome of SPL changes they will have far less bearing on any purchaser than the up and coming tax cases. If anything the SPL changes favour Rangers, as it sounds as though they can stay in the SPL, which is not the present case if they are in liquidation.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make of this what you will but it is pathetically ameturish at best and downright stupid if not a deliberate attempt to screw rangers even further at worst

Whit! The SPL are doing all they can to KEEP Rangers in the league, if, and it's looking increasingly likely, that Rangers go into liquidation they should have to apply to the SFL for entry into Div 3, as Gretna had to. The SPL's own Articles of Association state that any club that is liquidated aren't entitled to hold a share and that their share should be transfered for £1 to another club i.e. Ross County with Dunfermline staying up.

Instead the Self Preservation League will move the goalposts so that der hun remains in the league so they get the 4 old firm games that Sky want to televise, all for the 'benefit of Scottish football' :roll:

From Eurosport news

The resolutions, which will be considered on April 30, will mean tougher sanctions for clubs who go into administration in future or face the prospect of liquidation.

If Rangers are liquidated, a 'newco' would be deducted 10 points for two seasons if accepted straight back into the SPL and would also face financial penalties in the form of league payments being slashed by 75% for three seasons.

A statement from the RST read: "The board of the Rangers Supporters Trust, like other fans of the club, are not in the least surprised by the actions and timing of the SPL decision to vote on rule changes which has now further delayed a future takeover of Rangers.

"Given the severity of the possible sanctions, and their impact on any club who may also fall on hard times through mismanagement, it leaves us little option but to give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures by Rangers fans next season; specifically targeting those clubs who have rushed through the proposals to punish our club with these excessive and draconian penalties."

If they go through with this there will be a few more clubs in liquidation before too long.

Seeing as most grounds with out the old firm visiting are almost empty

On the other side of the argument - if we are liquidated and require these teams votes to gain entry to the SPL, any boycott threat will result in Rangers playing in the 3rd Division. Aberdeen only need an average of an extra 600 supporters at games to compensate for the loss of the two Rangers games.

^^

More purile bigoted nonsense - grow up

Oh get over yersel, I've nae time for either of the ugly sisters but it seems that we're stuck with them until they can find some league daft enough to accept them. It just irritates me that an element of the Rangers support think it's ok to rack up huge debts then just walk away from it all and start again in the SPL.

On the other side of the argument - if we are liquidated and require these teams votes to gain entry to the SPL, any boycott threat will result in Rangers playing in the 3rd Division. Aberdeen only need an average of an extra 600 supporters at games to compensate for the loss of the two Rangers games.

with gates as low as 3000 they will strugle to find another 600 every week

they don't for by i enjoy watching them play. It costs the council (and every one else) nothing for me to watch them so I guess it is my business who I watch or support.

when i lived south i had a season ticket payed for out of my own pocket no grants whatsoever for my chosen pass time.

And on occasion I have traveled from Shetland to Ibrox for a game but not since i got married as I don't think it would be fair of me to spend our money on what is something purely for my own enjoyment and not hers.

Although I do get Sky sports and she gets a pushbike, that's called a compromise.

As for the my utopian Shetland there are a fair few supporters of the old firm that have moved here that I would pack up and send south in the next cattle truck, and a fair few that I am glad have moved here.

^^

More purile bigoted nonsense - grow up

Oh get over yersel, I've nae time for either of the ugly sisters but it seems that we're stuck with them until they can find some league daft enough to accept them. It just irritates me that an element of the Rangers support think it's ok to rack up huge debts then just walk away from it all and start again in the SPL.

Its the use of the term 'hun' that puts you in the bracket of bigot - i'll accept that you are using it in a disparaging rather than bigoted way.

I am not exactly ecstatic about the situation Rangers are in but it is pragmatic for the whole of the SPL and Scottish Football to look at the current implications of liquidation/expulsion from SPL and see the wider financial consequences, not just for the Sky deal but for all clubs. If the powers that be decide to make no exceptions and Rangers end up in Div 3 then so be it, but is that really going to help? I doubt it, no matter how much you hate the Ugly Sisters.

By definition these are derogatory terms in UK and Ireland for Protestants and Catholics, so their use, even if those who identify themselves as such, is part of the wider bigotry of the Old Firm.

As a Rangers supporter, who couldn't give a toss about the so called religious divides, I find anyone using the terms or singing the songs to be offensive to some degree.

The main point of bothering to post was to express exasperation at the degrees of hate that are generated in the Rangers/Celtic debate on this thread. I am not surprised, just disappointed - so i will get ower mysel.

I'm only interested in the football! (i know, its sad isn't it)

For all lennons guff about how he is going to win the champions league with celtic then we have this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9206239/Neil-Lennon-feels-referees-are-getting-personal-as-Celtic-suffer-Scottish-Cup-semi-final-heartache-to-Hearts.html

he still can't keep his big gob shut and has to stomp on to the pitch in his typical aggressive manner

For all lennons guff about how he is going to win the champions league with celtic then we have this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9206239/Neil-Lennon-feels-referees-are-getting-personal-as-Celtic-suffer-Scottish-Cup-semi-final-heartache-to-Hearts.html

he still can't keep his big gob shut and has to stomp on to the pitch in his typical aggressive manner

You really need to see someone about your obsession Dratsy.

Perhaps in these dark days for your club you should be focusing more on them rather than what any other club are doing.

While I dont agree with Lennon going after the referee in such a way it seems in Scotland you dont have much choice if you want answers as the referees seem to be unaccountable for their actions.

Due to the fact this was Lennon it has been blown out of all proportion.

There was never as much reaction in the media when all those ex Scotland managers and also current manager were throwing their toys out the pram.

All I see from people like yourself is blind hatred.

• 3 weeks later...