The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

Chocolate Cake

This is a proper chocolate cake recipe, for those times when a Victoria sponge recipe with added cocoa powder just wont do! The pan of water in the oven gives a moist cake and prevents the crust drying out.

---------------------

Preparation Time

15 minutes

---------------------

Baking Time

30 minutes

---------------------

Portions

Serves 6-8

---------------------

Ingredients

175 grams

Dark Chocolate broken into squares

200 grams - Butter unsalted

200 grams - Self Raising Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)

300 grams - Light Muscovado Sugar (Billington's)

30 grams - Cocoa Powder

1 tsp - Baking Powder

4 Free Range Eggs (Happy Eggs) beaten

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just wish celtic, rangers & all other fans would let it just die and move on - what has happened has happened, no point in looking back - but its clear to see some fans still can't let it go.... nor the SPL/SFA

as to celtic suing for lost revenue on champions league - celtic didn't lose out because of EBTs, the simply lost qualification to the Champions League as they did not win the league that specific year or won at the qualifying rounds.. Celtic are a big club & could of easily spent good money to bring good players in, which they did.. So the matter of the fact is celtic just didn't have the players to win the games to qualify for champions league... EBT is a tax case not a footballing case..

Rangers "won" the leagues using EBTs to pay players they could not otherwise afford i.e. getting the British tax payer to finance titles. It is called financial doping or cheating. Celtic worked on the basis of being prudent and paying their tax bill.

Rules are now being applied and you Rangers fans who bang on about 54 title and counting do not like rules being applied to their club.

celtic just didn't have the players to win the games to qualify for champions league... EBT is a tax case not a footballing case..

The financial doping carried out by David Murrays team goes beyond football,debts taken on by first the Bank of Scotland and then LloydsTSB who themselves were then taken on by you and me.

Its the same for Aberdeen - Stuart Milne has millions, probably more in his bank than the celtic owner(s)

On what planet is Stewart Milne worth more money than Dermot Desmond? :lol:

• 1 month later...

PASSION CAKE

150.0ml sunflower oil , plus a little extra for the tin

300.0g self-raising flour

1.0 tsp ground cinnamon

1.0 tsp baking powder

300.0g caster sugar

50.0g desiccated coconut

2 eggs , plus 2 egg whites, whole eggs beaten

2 over-ripe bananas , mashed

140.0g carrots , grated

432.0g can crushed pineapples in juice, drained in a sieve, reserving the

juice (or briefly whizz a can of pineapple chunks, then sieve)

100.0ml milk

FOR THE DRIZZLE & ICING4 ripe passion fruits , halved

25.0g caster sugar

200.0g tub soft cheese

100.0g softened butter

85.0g icing sugar

1.0 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line the bases of 3 x 20cm sandwich tins with baking parchment.

Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, half the sugar and the coconut in a large mixing bowl.

In another bowl mix the beaten whole eggs, mashed bananas, grated carrot, drained crushed pineapple, milk and oil.

Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff and shiny again.

Stir the wet mixture into the dry until smooth and lump-free, then using a large metal spoon or spatula, fold in the egg white mixture.

Divide evenly between the tins and bake for 25 mins until risen and a skewer comes out clean.

You might need to swap the position of the tins after 20 mins.

For the drizzle, scoop out the passion fruit pulp into a small pan. Add the pineapple juice and caster sugar and heat until bubbling, then bubble until syrupy. For the icing, beat the cheese and butter until lump-free, then beat in icing sugar and vanilla.

Chill until ready to assemble.

Poke the cakes all over with a skewer, drizzle over most of the passion syrup, then cool. Once cool, spread the icing over two of the sponges. Sandwich together and top with the third, un-iced, sponge. Drizzle over the remaining syrup.

PER SERVING611 kcalories, protein 7.0g, carbohydrate 80.0g, fat 32.0 g, saturated fat 13.0g, fibre 3.0g, sugar 56.0g, salt 0.83 g

• 1 month later...

If you want unblinkered answers to that the blogosphere is the place to look.

Channel 4's Alex Thomson

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/next-24-48-hours-vital-rangers/1422

And the Rangers Tax case blog

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/

are both good resources.

Seems they weren't after all, and it looks like rangerstaxcase website has deleted all but their most recent blog on the matter.

Here is one written after the verdict.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/after-rangers-biggest-ever-win-1447935

''Rangers will be clobbered they had said. The verdict will be damning. Rangers will be shown up as cheats, they squealed.

It’s clear now who the guilty parties are and Rangers are not among them.''

It should also be pointed out that the decision announced does not totally clear the former Rangers. It rules that tax was due on some, but not all, of the payments made. So the tax liability will be much reduced, but will not be zero. Unfortunately no figures are included so the exact amount that is due is unknown.

So in effect the former football club now has debts that are much lower than we had thought. But it still owes far more that it will ever be able to pay and so the liquidation process that is being overseen by BDO will continue. There are no degrees of dead – this decision doesn’t make the club slightly less dead.

The other big issue relates to Lord Nimmo Smith’s delayed inquiry on behalf of the Scottish Premier League into the contractual position of players of the former club. In short, that inquiry will look at whether payments were made to players outwith the contracts lodged with the footballing authorities.

Now far from clearing the former club, the FTT ruling issued actually makes a guilty verdict more likely.

It is now confirmed that so called side letters do exist. These are letters from the Trust acting on behalf of the club to individual employees, players and managers included, confirming that they will not need to pay back the loans made to them.

It is important to remember that the tax issue and the footballing issue are separate, Even if they payments made were legal under tax law they could still fall foul of football’s regulations. A successful tax appeal does not make the Nimmo Smoth inquiry go away.

And what about those who received the loans? Well, they could find a letter from liquidators BDO in the post sometime soon asking for repayment. But, they will argue, we have letters stating that we will never have to pay the loan back. And so there may be a few more court cases to come as that legal knot is untangled.

If you want unblinkered answers to that the blogosphere is the place to look.

Channel 4's Alex Thomson

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/next-24-48-hours-vital-rangers/1422

And the Rangers Tax case blog

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/

are both good resources.

Seems they weren't after all, and it looks like rangerstaxcase website has deleted all but their most recent blog on the matter.

Here is one written after the verdict.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/after-rangers-biggest-ever-win-1447935

''Rangers will be clobbered they had said. The verdict will be damning. Rangers will be shown up as cheats, they squealed.

It’s clear now who the guilty parties are and Rangers are not among them.''

I have just been told my job is under threat due to public sector cut backs, while Rangers (the team I supported) openly practiced Tax avoidance to the tune of tens of millions. Remember that Frankie and all your other apologists on this legal loophole when your taxes go up to pay for this, the next time and every time you're looking at your payslip at the end of the month or using over stretched public services such as hospitals, schools, the soldiers you claim to support in Afganistan etc. Small businesses left to twist in the wind, no social conscience whatsoever, "I'm all right jack. Players on £30k per week paying no tax. Hang your head in shame the lot of you. I suspect however that you do not have a social conscience on this matter.

If I tell my boss not to pay me any wages, just give me a loan and I’ll not pay tax on it, I can imagine what he would say.

Incidently, it was decided by the court that Rangers were found guilty on 35 out of 111 cases, that is hardly an out and out victory. Rangers ended up where they deserved.

^^^ Ever had somebody do a homer for you for cash ?

Pathetic!! Blinkered and unashamed. Obviously your job is not under threat. As I said I'm alright jack.

All football now sickens me, It's corrupt to the core.

P.S.

Check out the UEFA website. Glasgow Rangers last game was on 13 May 2012 against St. Johnstone. The are indeed DEAD!!

^^

What I'm saying is you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who has not avoided paying tax at some time.

You are quite right to point out it is morally wrong, and if all the tax which big companies avoid paying was paid, the country would be in a much healthier position.

It's the rules that need to be changed to stop it.

There's a major difference between people paying cash in hand to mate to fix a door compared to people like David Murray , Barry Ferguson etc, stashing away millions tax free, whilst ordinary people like myself trying to pay my mortgage and raise a family on £24k are in danger of losing their jobs.

I praised David Murray for what he did for Rangers before all this rubbish was published. What a fool I was!!

Tax Justice Network show that £25 billion is lost annually in tax avoidance and a further £70 billion in tax evasion by large companies and wealthy individuals. An additional £26 billion is going uncollected. Uk Uncut estimates the total annual tax gap at over £120 billion (more than three-quarters of the annual deficit!). Leaked Treasury documents in 2006 estimated the tax gap at between £97 and £150 billion.

Uk Uncut argued that employing more staff at HM Revenue & Customs would enable more tax to be collected, more investigations to take place and evasion reduced. Compliance officers in HMRC bring in over £658,000 in revenue per employee. Sadly this is just a pipe dream. Employ good lawyers who will pick loopholes in the system so players earning more per week than the national average can pay no tax.

Starbucks, Google, Amazon cheating the system (legally I’m afraid) were recently described as being morally bankrupt and Jimmy Carr who operated a similar scheme to Rangers to protect his £1,000,000 plus salary at least had the decency to stop his actions and apologise for his tax avoidance. The Channel 4 standup is reported to have used a legal tax-avoidance scheme that enables members to pay income tax rates as low as 1%. Do Rangers and their followers have any conscience on this matter? No – they claim victory over us the tax payer, even though they were found guilty on some cases.