The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

As I said, best of luck in Lisbon Moorit. Old firm is one thing but I want to see the Scottish game well represented against any EU opposition - including Aberdeen on Thurs. Pity Lyon won away as now the Gers will probablty end up needin at least a draw against them in the last game at Ibrox. sausage

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Lyon had lost all their decent players at the start of the season. Stuttgart were lucky to be German Champions.

Lucky to win the league by winning more points than any other team :shock:

It's possible to be lucky in a cup, with 'luck of the draw' and all that. West Ham were possibly lucky not to be relegated for breaking the rules of the EPL. But the league table doesn't lie

You could say Celtic were lucky to be Scottish champions?

Feel free to correct me moorit, and explain exactly how Stuttgart were lucky.

Rangers did face a Stuttgart side who were/are struggling to find the same form as last season. As for Lyon, yes they have lost some key players. However the argument should be that when Rangers played them, Lyon also had a poor start to the season, by their own very high standards. Also, their players hadn't had time to gel properly as a unit.

Even that argument holds little water, as Rangers are the only team to beat Lyon on their own patch this season.

Stuttgart's record for away games in Bundesliga - Played 5 Lost 5 Goals For 4 Against 14.

I would even fancy the Dons to give them a game at Pittodrie with that kind of form :lol:

Anyway [put my green tinted spectacles back on], chin up boys. If Benzema is fit for Lyon at Ibrox I'm sure they'll get the 3 points. He has scored 12 goals in 14 games this season, and surely can't have another nightmare performance against The Huns.

As I said stick your Old Firm sprootle to one side and support Scottish teams in Europe for the good of the ovrall Scottish game. Are you really so thick that you would want to see a French team beat a Scottish ream just because of your allegience to their rivals? Think about it.

Calm down shoogler deep breaths :lol:

It does not matter if it's Celtic/Rangers, Arsenal/Spurs, Everton/Liverpool, Barcelona/Real Madrid, Inter Milan/Ac Milan. The majority of fans don't want to see thier rivals do well in Europe. I can't imagine too many Rangers fans supporting Celtic when they reached the 2003 Uefa Cup final or Everton fans supporting Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League final!

What helps the "Scottish game" more than anything is having a good National Side. We are 13th in the world, England are 11th so don't worry.

Feel free to support your RIVALS for the good of the National game but many fans will see this as being disloyal.

Shoogler with a classic schoolboy error there. Try reading the posts Shoogler, and you will realise.......

1. I have already laughed at people like you who try to have a sensible discussion on an old firm thread.

2. It was fairly obvious my comment about Lyon was tongue in cheek, as I mentioned 'green tinted spectacles'.

Anyway, is anybody up for singing a song about a potato famine in Ireland?

The majority of fans don't want to see thier rivals do well in Europe. I can't imagine too many Rangers fans supporting Celtic when they reached the 2003 Uefa Cup final or Everton fans supporting Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League final!

Feel free to support your RIVALS for the good of the National game but many fans will see this as being disloyal.

Yea, maybe unrealistic. Believe it or not I DID want Celtic to do well in the 2003 UEFA Cup - I had to think hard aboot it but I figured I would be nuts to WANT to see Porto win.

1. I have already laughed at people like you who try to have a sensible discussion on an old firm thread.

Yea you're right I should ken better! I have seen you say this afore but I like a good challenge.

As I said stick your Old Firm sprootle to one side and support Scottish teams in Europe for the good of the ovrall Scottish game. Are you really so thick that you would want to see a French team beat a Scottish ream just because of your allegience to their rivals? Think about it.

Support 2 teams Celtic and whoever Rangers are playing! The thought of cheering on the Huns is bringing me out in a cold sweat!

We out-performed Rangers. Regardless if we had to defend. shucks didn't Rangers have to defend against Barca? didn't Celtic have to defend against AC?

Christ I don't support a team primarily on the basis that they're gonna win a trophy this year, I support a team and if they win a trophy its a bonus.

I supported chelsea before they were as big as they are now, I'm not going to stop supporting them just because they got big. Supporting Dundee U came from my brother who was studying in Dundee 3 years ago, so I decided to join him in support.

Hell, beats supporting one of two teams where the only thing at stake is bragging rights like a frikkin playground "na-na-na-na NA NA my team is more better than you team is na-na-na-na NA NA"