The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

well i might be wrong but i think thats whit they said on reporting scotland!?!

so......the alan huttn saga is finally over!!! :D :o

hooray... it seemed to be dragging on and on for ever. a sad day for rangers no doubt.

but scotlands most expensive export (reportedly over the£9m mark that sunderland payed for gordon)??????? questionable to say the least!??!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... a sad day for rangers no doubt.

but scotlands most expensive export (reportedly over the£9m mark that sunderland payed for gordon)??????? questionable to say the least!??!

I agree on both counts.

No-one wants to lose one of their best players but how can you refuse that much money (God bless champions league hype :lol:). Apparently Fulham were going to give us £2m for Cousin too!

Question is: what are we going to spend it on (apart from Christian Dailly)? A throne at Ibrox for Super Ally maybe :wink:

So did the Rev McCurry, Rangers most influential "player".

Your paranoia humours me. He didn't give Rangers penalties (or hearts) where I thought that there could have been. It was in no way biased, throughout the game. Although as you are obviously not a Rangers fan I'm sure you have find about 31,445,340,603 alleged 'bias' events. :lol:

its probably better for scottish fitba that rangers won in the CIS semi, at least they'll fill some of hampden and they actually feild a few scotsmen. Plus Aberdeen will raise their game (like they always do against the gers) and beat them in the final (presuming that they will beat dundee utd)

Did anyone see Fergie's goal against Hearts tonight? Worlds biggest handball? :wink:

I saw it tonight. The ball hit his arm, but was it deliberate ? I thought handball had to be deliberate before a foul could be given.

As for the world's biggest (or greatest) handball......surely that belongs to Maradona ?

its probably better for scottish fitba that rangers won in the CIS semi, at least they'll fill some of hampden and they actually feild a few scotsmen. Plus Aberdeen will raise their game (like they always do against the gers) and beat them in the final (presuming that they will beat dundee utd)

Dundee United will win! Well, actually, having sold out best player for scraps I don't know, but I can hope!

Your paranoia humours me. He didn't give Rangers penalties (or hearts) where I thought that there could have been. It was in no way biased, throughout the game. Although as you are obviously not a Rangers fan I'm sure you have find about 31,445,340,603 alleged 'bias' events. :lol:

It's only paranoia when it's not true.

It's only paranoia when it's not true.

Which is why I called it paranoia.

ANYWAY.

Did anyone see Samaras' debut goal today? I thought that it was pretty good actually.

I never saw his goal as I had stopped watching by that stage (2-0 was all I could be bothered with). Given the option of spending some time with my girlfriend, or watching Celtic beat a hopeless Killie side without even playing half decent.....well it didn't really require much thinking. I can't think of one Kilmarnock player who would get into the Shetland team. The reason they have no decent players - like most other teams in the SPL - is that they sold their best players' to the Old Firm or Plymouth/Wycombe/Shepshed Dynamo.

Anyway, the point is that it doesn't matter how good his goal was today. I'm sure Lynda Flaws could have got on the score sheet today if she came on for the last 10 minutes. Lets judge how good he is when he comes up against some decent opposition (i.e Rangers or Barcelona).

I just want to state that this rant was not motivated by poor signings. It was because the standard of today's game reminded me how poor Scottish football is.

So, EistnWast, who do you blame for the smaller teams selling their players to the Old Firm?

The selling teams, cashing in on a talent they have nurtured?

The OF who appear to have a policy of weakening anyone they see as a threat?

The player for having aspirations no higher than becoming an OF benchwarmer?

Agents for looking out for a quick ££ for themselves?

There must be countless examples of players who have been lured by the wages on offer who have barely kicked a first-team ball for either of them.