The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ken as celtic supporter I will get the paranoid accusations .... however I think it's time to say something aboot referees in scotland this year.

Havin watch scottish football for forty two seasons solid I hiv never seen a season when so many decisions hiv gone against celtic and gone for rangers. Listened to celtic game on radio tonight and robbie keane, who has made his name in spinning from onside to offside in best league in world, is flagged off side every time.

:shock:

I presume that with your green-tinted specs you have failed to notice all the questionable decisions that have gone Celtic's way over those 42 years. I'm sure I've documented plenty of them on this and other threads.

Regarding last night's game...if you check the highlights http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509735.stm you'll notice at least 7 (yes, seven) occasions when £65k bench-warmer Keane is in a goal-scoring position without being flagged offside. But I guess the facts don't suit your argument.

One thing I will agree with you on is the general lack of competence of Scottish referees.

The point of my call is a call from a Hibee's fan to win the cup when they draw against Aberdeen the night Rangers draw and Celtic win. To win the cup they have to gain and overtake the old firm they can't do this when 2nd placed Celtic above them gets 3 points and top of the table Rangers gain a point so the Hibees are no closer to the top of the table and further away from the 2nd spot.....

Its stimulated the debate as far as I can see and as both sets of old firm fans think that scottish football cant live without them your going find that folk drift in from time to time for a look and a chat on the relevant issues of the day, personally I can see the Hibees going all the way in the cup and as a rangers fan you should take notice.

As a self professed support of Glasgow Rangers who do you see making the final of the Scottish Cup? do you feel your squad as it is now is able to make it past St Mirren in your replay?

You don't get a second bite of the cherry from the Old Firm Rangers or Celtic when they get to a home game for the replay.

If I recall Aberdeen v Celtic in the 2008 cup was a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie in the quarter finals and then they went on to win 1 nil away in glasgow at Celtic Park?

I had a look but you seem to either get papped out early by Hibs Dunfermline or the like before getting the chance of a replay, funny that now in a short discussion on the scottish cup and rangers we've managed to mention Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, ross county, Dunfermline and St Mirren! as well as the blue half of glasgow!