The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

Pretty much a backs to the wall performance in the second half. Lucky win, sad state of affairs that this is all you will have to celebrate this season.

Celtic or Rangers will clean up all the trophies.

You are actually one of the worst kind of Old Firm fans.

To you, your team is never outplayed...there is always some mitigating factor..."The ref was biased"..."it was too cold"..."we were concentrating on Europe". It's absolutely disgusting.

Your response is old and cliched..."sad state of affairs that this is all you will have to celebrate this season". That is so downright disrespectful it's embarrassing. Every team in Scotland, nae, the WORLD has the right to celebrate a win and all you can do, instead of doing the decent thing and congratulating the opposition fans...or at the very least keeping your f'ing mouth shut, is give the standard response of an Old Firm fan who doesn't know how to take a defeat. It's petty, it's childish, but it's nothing more than I would expect from that lot.

You sicken me.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are actually one of the worst kind of Old Firm fans.

To you, your team is never outplayed...there is always some mitigating factor..."The ref was biased"..."it was too cold"..."we were concentrating on Europe". It's absolutely disgusting.

Your response is old and cliched..."sad state of affairs that this is all you will have to celebrate this season". That is so downright disrespectful it's embarrassing. Every team in Scotland, nae, the WORLD has the right to celebrate a win and all you can do, instead of doing the decent thing and congratulating the opposition fans...or at the very least keeping your f'ing mouth shut, is give the standard response of an Old Firm fan who doesn't know how to take a defeat. It's petty, it's childish, but it's nothing more than I would expect from that lot.

You sicken me.

** APPLAUSE **

Not sure why you think I'm a fan of one of the Old Firm teams. Maybe I was just giving an honest opinion of the game. :?

...and Yeah, JA Stewart, Rangers and Celtic have both had lucky wins in Europe this year against vastly superior opposition, but I haven't seen any of them gloating on here.

Most of my pals are old firm fans and it always make me laugh after an old firm game when all they do is worry more about what the other team has done rather than their own. They normally are crying over it in the lounge pleapsing on about a deflected shot, own goal or something lucky that the other side got rather than thinking it just wasn't their day.

Being an Aberdeen fan myself I am delighted to be in Europe and hope we qualify but if we dont it is not the end of the world.

I hope that Rangers or Celtic will qualify through the group stages as it is good for Scottish football, but i have a funny feeling they will both blow it in their last games.

Genuine letter printed in El Mundo, a spanish newspaper, following Rangers visit there this week...

Dear Rangers supporters- never come back to Barcelona again. And not because your players themselves aren't a legitimate team. No, it's not because of that- the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn't be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona , because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don't come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don't play in the Champions' League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense.

There are noisy groups of supporters who, although they drink vast amounts of beer, make friends at the same time. But you? Not you, because everywhere you go, you turn into a rubbish tip. You are undesirables. And so are those who fraudulently sell, or "rent out" their tickets. These people screw Barca over, because they trade their season tickets illegally. And in doing this they cause massive annoyance for other members of the club. A true Barcelona fan would not re-sell their ticket for the match. If you are not going to the match, give it to a family member, or you could even use the 'Seient Lliure' service (an automated ticket service used by some Spanish clubs including Barcelona ).

From now on, the responsibility lies with UEFA and the club itself to ensure who the ticket is sold to. The best thing for all of us would be that you as a supporter, in a moment of lucidity, decide not to travel if you do not have tickets. As that is never going to happen, those who sell the tickets illegally must be brought to justice. But the best thing would be if we never had to play Rangers again.

It's so beautiful, I nearly cried.

Here is the link if anyone wants to read it in Spanish...

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20071108/opinion_53409675639.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

what can I say we were well and trully gubbed on wednesday out classed by a far better side :cry:

but what about todays result ICT 3-2 da tims :lol: :lol: :lol:

even 12 against 10 and they couldn't win.

yes you read it right 12 men playing for celtic how else can you explain the decisions made.

Pressley should of been sent off no ifs buts or maybe's.

but no matter I'm just glad their playin sharn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah an a grudging well done for getting through to the last 16 :cry:

From 24th October........

If Benzema is fit for Lyon at Ibrox I'm sure they'll get the 3 points.

But my other purpose in posting (get it right up ya being the obvious one), is to say Stoichkov get my pint ready, and penfold i hope you changed the year on your Ness bet after my initial error. This is clear evidence that I am the fountain of all knowledge, and a better tipster than the legendary Angus "Statto" Loughran 8)

what can I say we were well and trully gubbed on wednesday out classed by a far better side :cry:

but what about todays result ICT 3-2 da tims :lol: :lol: :lol:

even 12 against 10 and they couldn't win.

yes you read it right 12 men playing for celtic how else can you explain the decisions made.

Pressley should of been sent off no ifs buts or maybe's.

but no matter I'm just glad their playin sharn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah an a grudging well done for getting through to the last 16 :cry:

Celtic had 12 men! You having a laugh? The ref was a joke, it was never a penalty and Scott McDonalds goal was miles onside!