Italy has the right idea.

Styles

I've worked with several Romanians and countless Eastern Europeans and find your comments fairly offensive against good friends of mine. Never met one on a night out 'up for trouble' but have met scores of Shetlanders, Scots, English up for that. The only crime rate soaring is the racial attacks on the immigrants by morons with this mentality.

(Blonde hair and blue eyes doesn't sit well with the Nazis anymore!) Hope nobody on Great Junction Street notices the pink triangle stitched to my sleeve.

Agreed, I've never, ever felt even the slightest bit threated by anyone of any ethnicity other than white, and I live in a very multicultural area of Aberdeen, still never had any bother for anyone, the only person who's threated me so far? My white downstairs neighbour.

My brother worked with a Polish guy and a Hungarian guy for 3 months over the summer and said that they were really good guys. They were a laugh over break time and when they worked, they worked hard. Put everyone else to shame. They worked harder than my brother, they were on 7 days a week working 8-5. Now, are immigrants getting hired because of Government policy that dictates they should.. or are they just better workers than me and you? I know I certainly couldn't be arsed to work 8-5, 7 days a week, what about you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly we have completely lost control of ours borders, and the only way to sort it out is addressing European issues.

It is true that certain immigrant groups have no interest in integrating or contributing to society, and are responsible for far more than their share of criminal activity. If that sounds like it comes from the BNP, then I guess the BNP could be right about a thing or two.

My personal experiences with European immigrants has been much like that noted so far, very amiable. But then not all Europeans share the same values.

Why can't it just go back to being the neds versus everyone else, at least we new where we stood then :wink:

I know I certainly couldn't be arsed to work 8-5, 7 days a week, what about you?

Luxury!

Well we had it hard back in our day, we used t'get up a six in the morning, lick the road clean with our tongues, work at'mill tuppence a week, and when we got home, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt :lol:

It is true that certain immigrant groups have no interest in integrating or contributing to society, and are responsible for far more than their share of criminal activity. If that sounds like it comes from the BNP, then I guess the BNP could be right about a thing or two.

:

Have worked with most nationals under the sun, here and abroad. In Scotland, I have found the Scots themselves are the least interested in integrating or contributing to society and are responsible for the greatest share of criminal activity. Christ, they can't even consider themselves British!

Most of the Eastern Europeans I work with have the best work ethics I ever encountered. That is why they are employed. They work like machines in good spirit and seldom complain.

The BNP are right about nothing. Neither was Hitler. Can you congratulate him on his attempts to exterminate the Gypsies? Yip, they've had a hard run over the years. The BNP core philosophy is Racism. Anything sprouting from that is crap.

JA Stewart wrote

We should be working to make their country better, so they don't need to come here.

Hate to disagree J.A. (who am I kidding I love to disagree) :)

but shouldn't they be working to make their country better, why is it our responsibility to fix the mess that they made of their piece of the planet

I reckon if they worked as hard fixing up their own mess there would be no need to come here.

JA Stewart wrote

We should be working to make their country better, so they don't need to come here.

but shouldn't they be working to make their country better, why is it our responsibility to fix the mess that they made of their piece of the planet

I reckon if they worked as hard fixing up their own mess there would be no need to come here.

Well considering that many countries problems, such as Africa, exist in their history as part of the fact that we owned them, abused their country and raped their resources.

So yeah, I think that we own something back.

I reckon the UK/EU has a lot to answer for for the mess of many countries.

Exploitation of resourses, labour, sponsoring despots and the sale of arms that kept or put most of them in the state they're in now.

Same as Italy who have a serious problem with unstoppable boatloads of North African Immigrants. The imperialists shall reap what they have sown.

I live and work in Eastern Europe, and I'm quite happy with the country I live in and the welcome I have received. The Baltic countries have only been out of the grip of the Soviet regime for about 15 years now, and I am amazed at what has been achieved in a very short time if you look at it in historical terms.

Shetland has always been renowned as being a friendly and cosmopolitan community, and I hope it remains so. I for one welcome different languages being spoken on the street, and the meeting of different cultures.

I only hope I don't run into any of these negative attitudes I'm picking up here when I come over with my Eastern European family for a holiday next year.

^^Don't worry Medziotojas. Just keep your family away from this forum and you'll all be fine :lol:

That's alright then.

I'll leave you to think about that for yourself Sheepshagger. You're bright enough to come up with plenty reasons why people leave their homeland... and not all because they simply want to sponge off of Shetland either :wink:

Same again. Either that or read up on some British history.

No problem with folks looking to make a better life for themselves but with those that move to another country and proceed to break that countries laws. They can't be deported because of European human rights laws and the fact their home country takes rather a dim view of thieves, murderers, rapists whatever and punishes them in a manner that liberal thinking Europeans find distasteful. (most likely the reason they moved here in the first place).

I too work with a lot of Eastern Europeans and they generally get on with the job at hand without complaint. They are like every one else on the piss some will stand their round and others will use any excuse to get out of it, just like a night in the Thule.

They are paid the same as Westerners for their work so were not being exploited as cheap labour, and all bar one still live in their home country.

The EU was supposed to create a level playing field through out the whole community but poorly thought out laws allowing free movement within the EU then allowing former Soviet block countries to join when conditions in those countries are so far below the West and you are bound to get mass migration, and mass migration has always been followed by conflict to a greater or lesser degree.

So I'm not going to say all Eastern Europeans or indeed all immigrants are bad but if we threw those that are, out on their ears no matter how their home countries chose to deal them, if we are no longer seen as an easy touch then the criminal element might not be so keen to come here in the first place.

We need to take control of the borders (not to difficult when your an island) and use common sense when making policies on immigration.

No criminal record when you arrive and a one way ticket back if caught breaking any law while here, a skill that is needed, no social security until you have paid in to the system, a council house only if a local is not in need of it(why should a local be forced to pay private rent and not the immigrant), if they are not working after 6 months then home they go.

Some fairly simple points but a damn site better than the free for all that exists at the moment.

It might help the local population to not feel like they are being pushed out in favour of incomers, that only breeds resentment and hence the racial aggravation that exists now

We need to take control of the borders (not to difficult when your an island) and use common sense when making policies on immigration.

No criminal record when you arrive and a one way ticket back if caught breaking any law while here...

You'd kick out ( for good ) a badly-needed Polish dentist or French surgeon who got caught speeding ?

if they are doing 80mph in a built up area then yes I probably would if doing 35 mph in a built up area then no, if they drop litter and get caught then no, crimes against the person would be met with a red card also dishonesty red card, where they endanger other people by their actions then red card again.

I would hope Evil Inky that your are not suggesting that someones Qualifications or social standing would make them exempt or above the law,

I for one wish to be able to access good primary health care but not if it means letting a criminal into the country

I have spent most of my adult life travelling and working all over the world, and I certainly have not agreed with every law in every country I have visited but apart from the occasional :lol: drink in dry countries I have obeyed those laws, and where I have transgressed I have been fully prepared to accept the consequences of my actions

Its this common sense approach that I'm on about, like I've said before something that is lacking in this politically correct environment

I would hope Evil Inky that your are not sugesting that someones Qualifications or social standing would make them exempt or above the law,

I don't think anyone is suggesting that; more that there is a danger in making sweeping generalisations. Inky has just pointed out some aspects of your original recommendation which perhaps require attention.

Its this common sense approach that I'm on about, like I've said before something that is lacking in this politically correct environment

The only thing one can say of 'common sense', is that agreement about what makes sense is uncommon.