Fuel Prices

mr_brain

As I referred to earlier, for all the bluster from both Carmichael & Scott, they have achieved absolutely zilch in resolving this issue.

This is the situation when you have a monopoly. I'm not sure what anyone expects our MPs to be able to do about it, because the only way to stop a monopoly is for someone else to start up in competition.

Mmm, that Brae Central Garage that is up for sale - does it sell petrol/diesel? Well, if it does, may be we should all club together, buy it (after winning the lottery first, naturally) and have a co-operative petrol station. :wink:

Edit: Did think about that old Judane building but probably wouldn't get planning permission. Bet wouldn't get planning permission either if we bought a new plot of land hence aiming for premises that already sell juice (if they do).

Please forgive me if I'm being a tad ignorant, but if that is the case then, has it ever been reported to the Monopolies Commission (and do they have jurisdiction up here?)

yes it was and they don't see a problem. i think it was tavish about a year ago.

Well, I might phone up the MC then and ask for a copy of their full investigation report to ascertain how they reached that decision.

Please forgive me if I'm being a tad ignorant, but if that is the case then, has it ever been reported to the Monopolies Commission (and do they have jurisdiction up here?)

I am afraid that as a country we are very poor in protecting ourselves from monopolies, there are countless examples across the country that go unregulated.