Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Noticed today, Gulf (former Leasks) is 142.9 for unleaded amd 145.9 for diesel.

Serious amounts of money...

Why should we be surprised, This crowd are putting the price up every couple of weeks. There must be fresh deliveries of fuel at the new cost coming into Shetland every fortnight. Surely they widdna keep putting up prices on something already purchased at a lower price?

Boy! I hope du manages to sleep weel every night, and I bet du is the guy I pass, whistling on de wye intae da bank!

Noo you never know, there is mabey a justified reason for all the recent increases, perhaps the folk responsible would like to make a statement justifying them?

fuel prices in aberdeen petrol 125.9 ltr diesel 130.9 ltr looks like am filling up before comming home.

How the hell can it be so different 20p a fffnn litre to get it from Aberdeen to Shetland I think we are getting well and trully rodgered by someone up here

fuel prices in aberdeen petrol 125.9 ltr diesel 130.9 ltr looks like am filling up before comming home.

How the hell can it be so different 20p a fffnn litre to get it from Aberdeen to Shetland I think we are getting well and trully rodgered by someone up here

yea , its cos they know all we're capable of doing is moaning n maybe a silent vigil at worst

Now £1.43 per litre for diesel and £1.40 for unleaded at GULF station in toon.

The sooner Tesco starts with fuel the better.

one monopoly to another, don't think that will achieve anything

Tesco would break Scottish Fuels monopoly. Tescos prices in Wick for fuel are 20p per litre cheaper than Shetland.

Going with number 7's comment about a community fuel provider that is likely the only way you will get fuel at a lower rate, if the money can be brought together to buy storage for the fuel and a way to distribute it then you could save some money but it will be expensive to get off the ground. If you think for one second that Tesco will give you fuel at 20p per litre cheaper than Scottish Fuels then you don't understand the animal that is Tesco. They have the opportunity to undercut the other local suppliers but they'll do it by 1-2p and occasionally dish out vouchers that if you spend £50 you get 5p off per litre. Tesco will take advantage of the lack of choice in fuel providers but not to the benefit of Shetland but to the benefit of their profits, the highest priced Tesco fuel in Britain will be on Shetland I'd put cash on that. Tesco want to make money and any Tesco exec that authorises a petrol station on Shetland to undercut the competition by more than a couple of pence would get sacked if the market is standing a price of 145p per litre then they'll stick as close to the market value as they can. Tesco isn't some saviour sent to save Shetland from high prices it's a company that wants to make cold hard cash. In the truly amazing situation they did come in to Shetland and undercut the competition by 20p a litre they would be doing it to kill off the competition, give themselves the monopoly and the opportunity to jack prices to what they want.

As mhutch was saying you need to be far more vocal and really ram it down the throats of Tavish and Alistair on a weekly basis so they can pass it on, they will probably be ignored to begin with but if you keep on ramming it down the throats of Tavish and Alistair they will get the message that its not going to go away as an issue and they could lose votes over it.

On Facebook a cause has been set up re keeping fuel below £1 a litre. Demonstrations are being organised outside many of the oil refineries and I think a petition is being handed in (or the results of how many people join the cause page) to No. 10.

Perhaps a similar cause page could be set up for up here?