Fuel Prices

mr_brain

surely the price of fuel in Shetland should only alter with each shipment onto the island otherwise like paul says the main supplier must be profiteering.

Its also interesting to note that in Europe the fuel price dropped towards the end of January due to a drop in wholesale prices yet we had no such drop here in Britain but strangely enough as soon as the wholesale price rises due to the middle east situation the increase hits the forecourt almost instantly.

but seriously. the small community fuel refinery at sullom must be an urgent thought for the trust. it would keep more money in the community and create a few jobs. and the fuel could be sold at a reasonable profit so would make money for the trust.

i was at greys a few days ago and i was seriously tempted with 20 litres of cooking oil for 26 quid. not being a car person i was to worried it would knacker the engine.

Shetland will be national headlines very shortly when we are the first to hit the £1.50 /litre mark.

Very shortly! :evil:

Where do I collect my medal? :lol:

Yes and lets hope they interview the suppliers and see if they will give some justification for the overly inflated prices in Shetland.

Guest posiedon

^

£1.30 a litre for cooking oil doesn't give much of a saving, you need a supply of free (used oil)

It's madness that there isn't a refinery here, there should have been one built in the 1970s.

shetland ponies. only half horse power. will go in a straight line sometimes. only suitable for the height challanged. recommend you get your employer to pay your traveling time.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/Frances144/5faad7f5.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/Frances144/ff1347a5.jpg

Guest posiedon

Why don't we all boycott Leasks (as was) filling station isn't this the company that are responsible for keeping our petrol price at an inflated level? And imposing it on all the filling stations in Shetland

I'm sure 3 or 4 days of no sales, with staff to pay, electricity, rates etc, would make them sit up and think.

I laugh every time I drive past and see folk queuing up to feed the fire,

Get your fuel elsewhere for a week or two, it will cost a little more now, but surely you'll benefit in the long term.

If you do nothing then you can expect (and deserve) to be ripped off.