Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Have you read this?

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/news_11_2008/MP%20fumes%20as%20isles%20fuel%20tax%20cut%20rejected.htm

What an out of touch perception of the Isles the Treasury would appear to have if that is there reasoning for not allowing a tax cut/rebate.

Here's Angela Eagle's website if you, like me, feel like airing some thoughts, and perhaps including a map of Shetland (Sans box off Aberdeen..)

http://www.angelaeaglemp.co.uk/contact.php

^ So utterly ridiculous its almost funny, almost! I find it unbelievable that someone in that position, when composing a reply and formulating the arguements against the points made to her, would so obviously not do any research whatsoever! As stated in the article, its no wonder the UK is in the situation it is in when we have numty's like that involved in the running the country! :x

its time we stopped complaining and do something. as the ferry is a life line service we should have the right to ferry our own fuel up here. why not our community owned oil company. it would make a big impact on lots of things cheaper petrol/heating oil and the pprofits could be invested into eco heating. Why should the oil company change is getting away with ripping us off so why should they stop. Orkney has only got cheaper fuel thanks to compation and thats how it must be up here.

its odd that weisdale and others can undercut there own petrol station. i wonder what they pay for the fuel.