Fuel Prices

mr_brain

I never expected to Alistair Carmichael to be successful but was pleased that he had done his duty well and made the arguement.

The reply he got is truely rediculous - Ms Eagle clearly hasn't a clue about the situation she is making decisions over. From the quotes that were in the Shetland News it sounds as if this was a standard response issued without ANY thought, research or consideration of the case. She should be ashamed of herself for this appears to be a case of lazy governing - 'These people are just trying it on and if I just fob them off they'll go away and I'll not have to look into this.'

Pathetic. She should resign.

On Orkney radio this morning,

Fuel prices in Orkney are,

Petrol......99.9p a litre

Diesel.......£1.13 a litre

Now calm down before you throw that tea cup :wink:

I asked this question to Orkney members on another forum , here is the response i got

hello,petrol is 99.9 a litre,derv is 112.9 in orkney,funny u should ask because i spoke to one of the crew from the tanker that supplies shetland,orkney,western isles and north of scotland the other day,he told me that the fuel we use all comes from the same supply and the costs of the tanker is split equally between our depots,so in theory the cost of our petrol should be the same,not fair i think

So then if this fact is true , its our local depot & retailers thats uping the price , and not the transport costs to get it here.

hello,petrol is 99.9 a litre,derv is 112.9 in orkney,funny u should ask because i spoke to one of the crew from the tanker that supplies shetland,orkney,western isles and north of scotland the other day,he told me that the fuel we use all comes from the same supply and the costs of the tanker is split equally between our depots,so in theory the cost of our petrol should be the same,not fair i think

So then if this fact is true , its our local depot & retailers thats uping the price , and not the transport costs to get it here.

We've heard this rumour a few times here and I've heard it via hearsay too. Does anyone have any actual tangible evidence of this?

• 2 weeks later...