Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Seen yesterday that grantfield was 142.9, which is back to almost the same price when oil ws $150 a barrel.

On our trip to glasgow today, aberdeen was 123.9 for diesel, and glasgow is 122.9 for deisel - 20p per litre difference... Something MUST be done...

Petrol was 117.9 in aberdeen and 118.9 in glasgow... They cant say it costs 20p per litre to get to shetand.

Its no aftin things mak me angry, but I can only describe the current fuel suppliers in words which I widna pit in print. I agree dat there is no muckle we can do to stop them charging what they want as they know that we aa need fuel. I've lost count on how many rises there has been in the last two months. They obviously dinna hiv ony morals.

I canna blame Magnie or the other sellers of petrol as I don't tink dey mak dat much on it. The blame, in my oppinion must lie we da supplier, who seems tae be rippin aabody aff. Perhaps dey wid lik to explain why dey hiv tae charge such high prices. I think wir MP and MSP need tae meet we dis folk and get some answers.

Noo I fir wan, as I hiv said before, will vote we me feet (or tyres) and hiv nae intention of using Leasks for fuel. I wid be delighted to see da place standing dormant. I wid rather see my 2p? profit go to the liks o Magnie as the suppliers are already getting plenty fae each sale.

ower-weel wrote

Perhaps dey wid lik to explain why dey hiv tae charge such high prices. I think wir MP and MSP need tae meet we dis folk and get some answers.
Maybe their reply would go something like this "Well Alastair/Tavish, we are a small company and we have found ourselves a little monopoly situation in Shetland where we can charge just under whatever the price is that would get someone seriously considering setting up in competition. So we charge what we like and there is nothing you as an MP/MSP can do about it. Anyway as Lib Dems should you not be applauding the fact that we are doing our bit to reduce pollution by making people cut down on their fuel consumption".

ower-weel wrote
Perhaps dey wid lik to explain why dey hiv tae charge such high prices. I think wir MP and MSP need tae meet we dis folk and get some answers.
Maybe their reply would go something like this "Well Alastair/Tavish, we are a small company and we have found ourselves a little monopoly situation in Shetland where we can charge just under whatever the price is that would get someone seriously considering setting up in competition. So we charge what we like and there is nothing you as an MP/MSP can do about it. Anyway as Lib Dems should you not be applauding the fact that we are doing our bit to reduce pollution by making people cut down on their fuel consumption".

is it just me , or has our MP not toned it down an awful lot very recently?

Fuel prices have risen all over the uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11968437

Petrol prices have hit a record average level of 121.76p for a litre of unleaded petrol, according to the monitors Experian Catalist.

It is expected that fuel prices will rise further in January once increased fuel duties and the higher VAT rate come into play.

Experian Catalist estimates that higher VAT will add 2.5p and fuel duties will add a further 1p a litre to prices.

The current diesel price of 125.73p a litre is 8p away from a record.

The records referred to do not take account of inflation.

AA president Edmund King said the record high petrol prices were partly down to the freezing weather disrupting fuel deliveries.

But I use oil on my bike, it has gone up to a pound now.

The councils will pay a similar price, which means we are all paying apart from those who bank off shore

eh? The Government closed the loophole some time ago re those who bank offshore ShetlandPeat!