Fuel Prices

mr_brain

I've nothing against 4x4's, i use to have landrovers when i was fishing.

It doesn't matter whether you drive a small eco car or a Hummer, it's the bar steward fuel company who are blatantly putting up the price of fuel here cos they can get away with it.

And nothing the two parlimentarians do will change that.

Infact the more Tavish and Carmichael moan about the situation the more often the price go's up :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Certainly the 155.9p per litre of diesel, that I will pay when I next fill up, is ludicrous. A 5p reduction, whether inclusive or exclusive of VAT, will not make a great deal of difference but is something, though.

Don't forget, for now anyway, 3p of that reduction vanishes by UK Gov increasing duty further in January.

So, Alastair still just has to keep pestering (his) Government to actually get the scheme running. 'soon' , 'not long ' 'asap' are the libdem words for'next year', or 'the year after next' . Will be able to fix the definition once it really does happen ... could be pretty much two years after election.

But will it really have been worth all his trouble ?

I predict the pump price will go something like this ..

Week 1: 1.56

Week 2: 1.59

rebate kicks in

Week 3: 1.54

Week 4: 1.56

Week5

Local MP begs, yet again, for his own Government to 'investigate' whilst not having the guts to consider his position in said Government.